New Song - Pandemic

Discussion in 'Studio & Stage' started by dcm_guitar, Jun 17, 2020.

1. dcm_guitar

dcm_guitar New Member

This is one strange, weird, dark, brooding bordering on ugly piece of music.

https://soundcloud.com/radiomoved/pandemic

I knew I wanted to do something about the ongoing pandemic, and I knew I wanted it to be kind of dark and VERY uncomfortable. I decided to put the opening idea in 5/4 because it can be an unsettling time signature when we're so accustomed to 4/4 time.

After playing the riff and moving pieces around I actually landed on the opening riff changing time signature each measure. The opening statement alternates between 6/4 and 4/4 each measure. I suppose you could count it in 10, but I think the alternating 6/4, 4/4 is the most accurate.

After this, the song settles into 4/4 for a while, but then cycles back to the alternating 6 & 4. It's odd and definitely unsettling.

The guitars are the PRS 594 as the rhythm guitar. I also added my Anderson Super Raven to the mix for a little different flavor. The lead guitar is the 24-08; man this guitar just sings!

The mix is my first pass and will need some EQ tweaks, but I think it's a good start.

As always comments are GENUINELY appreciated!!!

NeubyWanKaneuby and bodia like this.
  2. Alnus Rubra

Alnus Rubra Loving nature’s wonders

Great share, interesting themes contained in your composition.

3. veinbuster

veinbuster Zombie Three, DFZ

I like what I’m hearing.

4. bodia

bodia Authorities said.....best leave it.....unsolved