New Song - Attitude

dcm_guitar

I'm still working on this one. I THINK I might have all the parts recorded, but the mix is still going through the creative process.

https://soundcloud.com/radiomoved/attitude

I like the arrangement, I like the parts, I like the performance, I like the pacing. I think there is some good material here.

This song is played on my HBII and my 594.

I thought I'd share as an embryonic idea becomes a song. This is definitely much earlier than I normally "release" something, but I figure everyone here has their own developmental process and it's fun to hear things as they become more mature and finished.

Feel free to comment or suggest since this is still definitely being tweaked.

Sounds great! Maybe a bit too much compression on the piezo?

I didn't use the piezo at all. The clean guitar is just the output from the pickups. It does sound piezo like and is a bit squashed

I like the clean tone better than the tone I had originally, but the more I listen the more I think the HBII part needs to be either:

1. Keep the part as it is recorded, and process less aggressively
  2. Re-record the part and stay clean but be darker and more full; think jazz guitar tone
  3. Re-record the part with an edge of breakup tone; so similar frequency range to the tone in the song now but with a little bit of "grit and dirt" in it
I'm leaning towards option #3.

I like the rest of the song enough to put this amount of effort into it. I have a lot of material that "dies on the vine" at this point. I get it recorded and arranged and mixed and then decide it's not good enough to move forward. I think this one is worth pursuing further, so I'll probably re-record the HBII part with some "grit and dirt" in it and see how that sounds.

Thanks!!!!

I edited the HBII part to give it a little bit of grit. I think I like the change, but I'm going to put this song away for a few days before I make any decisions. For my workflow I'll play with something for a few days, and as soon as I start getting obsessive over it I try to step away and work on something else.

I'll let this one "marinate" for a few days........

Back