New Silver Sky

Rider1260

I played a few Silver Skys that other forum friends had, Did a killer set up to fully float the trem and a long jam later, I was falling for this guitar. The first one used got away.
I willing dealer later the first one in Onix ( white ) comes home.
Really happy great neck, pickups do it all , all the positions have something to say. the bridge is the best I have every played in a SSS guitar. so many small things add up to a killer guitar.
I have played it against my memory of all the strats I have owned and this one slays them all.
Just played it against a 58 and a handful of CS and master built with the same results ( for me )

Its not perfect the numbers do rub off the knobs after a short time , but that's the only fault I have found

Since I liked it so much I got a second one in Orion Green

I have 9.5s on my and it feels just like my other 25" scale guitars with 10s also set the bridges to float and much prefer that set up to the decked ( drop only ) trem

Unknown-1 by

IMG_1575 by
IMG_4422 by

IMG_4423 by

Last edited:
Well, @Rider1260 apparently you found the koolaid!

I go back and forth about my favorite finish every day! I kinda want em all! I love my Tungsden SS...but that white with the dark fretboard tho...makes me all warm and fuzzy:confused:;)

Great post! Enjoy the newest members of your family dude!

Last edited:
Someone in a facebook group that I go to once and a while was making a federal case about the numbers rubbing off the knobs. I tend to understand for a 2300 dollar guitar. I guess you could get some normal Fender embossed knobs if they fit the splines on the pot...but I would assume that PRS will find out soon enough and make a change to that small detail. And that Green...it's just beautiful.

Hum.. Orion Green... must be a Star Trek fan in the paint shop...:)

tos_1x00_030.jpg

Back