New Silver Sky Horizon Red Owner

guitar_string

Dear All,

I'm new on this forum. Since few month ago I decided to sort my guitar collection and have less guitars but more quality. 4 main guitars, 2 of them top quality/playability and other 2 for backup.

So... I have a Gibson Les Paul R8 from 2021 and other Les Paul style/copy for "backup".

I have a 1994 Fender Strat Made In Mexico as a backup (and great guitar too) and I'm searching for a great strat guitar.

Finally, this top quality/playability are a PRS Silver Sky 2019 Horizon in mint condition that I bought. I read a lot of this and the SS is good reviewed by customers on internet. Also I like the specifications (fat neck) and the John Mayer influence on this guitar.

So... What you think about my purchase? Also I know that the new 2020 and 2021 models have soft changes like size frets and nitro paint. But all of them with the same pickups. Is this 2019 model big diferent from the new ones in sound/quality?

I paid for this second hand guitar 32% less than the retail price of new one. Mint condition 100% like new.

I'm fritting from Spain, Europe.

Great guitar and great color. I have a 2019 Golden Mesa that is my favorite guitar ever. 2019s are amazing guitars. I’d say it’s a great purchase and I’m sure that Gibson is no joke either.

Great guitars, and the perfect Strat type, in my opinion. I have a 2018 Horizon version, and it’s a beautiful color… the candy apple red color has always looked best on Strats. If you’re not aware, this color was discontinued after the first few years, so you can’t get it on a Silver Sky now. I think red and black (maybe all the Tesla colors) were just available for the first two years.

Congrats on the new guitar, and welcome!

Congrats! I probably play my Silver Sky half of the time and love it. The rest of the time, it's usually a Gibson style variant (whether an actual Gibson or boutique guitar modeled in that style) -- so I applaud the approach. You have your bases pretty well covered. Enjoy!

Congrats and welcome to the forum! I love my Silver Sky so much I bought a second one(One rosewood, one maple fretboard). I think you’ll be more than pleased with your purchase.

Also I know that the new 2020 and 2021 models have soft changes like size frets and nitro paint. But all of them with the same pickups. Is this 2019 model big diferent from the new ones in sound/quality?

I have a 2019 and a 2021 and think you put it perfectly when you state ‘soft changes’. There’s really no difference in playability between the two, and definitely no difference in quality.

Dear All,

I'm new on this forum. Since few month ago I decided to sort my guitar collection and have less guitars but more quality. 4 main guitars, 2 of them top quality/playability and other 2 for backup.

So... I have a Gibson Les Paul R8 from 2021 and other Les Paul style/copy for "backup".

I have a 1994 Fender Strat Made In Mexico as a backup (and great guitar too) and I'm searching for a great strat guitar.

Finally, this top quality/playability are a PRS Silver Sky 2019 Horizon in mint condition that I bought. I read a lot of this and the SS is good reviewed by customers on internet. Also I like the specifications (fat neck) and the John Mayer influence on this guitar.

So... What you think about my purchase? Also I know that the new 2020 and 2021 models have soft changes like size frets and nitro paint. But all of them with the same pickups. Is this 2019 model big diferent from the new ones in sound/quality?

I paid for this second hand guitar 32% less than the retail price of new one. Mint condition 100% like new.

I'm fritting from Spain, Europe.
I like it so much I have one just like it. Fun to play for sure.

I had a clear idea of long-term looking to buy a Fender John Mayer (for its growing value) or a PRS Silver Sky when there was stock in store. The current Silver Sky colors were not to my liking and I was only looking at the Moca Sand.

A second-hand Silver Sky appeared in in Horizon Red color (everything and that they have copied it from the Tesla colors, it is practically the same as the Fender Candy Apple Red I had a few years ago).

As for the second hand purchase, everything is perfect. The guitar in perfect condition, totally new from the store.

As for the guitar, it is still too early to draw conclusions but it feels like a Fender Stratocaster, only you notice a point of evolution of small changes that together make it evolved. The headstock does not bother me since I have always played with 3 + 3 Les Paul type guitars and almost when I tune a Strat it is difficult for me to reach out and tune the last 3 (hobbies). I think the locking of the tuners is a success and how comfortable it is. I am not bothered by the material on the tuner heads. I think there is a success in terms of weight. Switch, potentiometers, jack ... all the same as a Fender with quality electronics (CRL, CTS ...). I had seen comments on YouTube that the input jack arrangement was different from the Fender ones, much better. I see it the same. Neither better nor worse.

I still have to give him hours to draw conclusions from the sound of the pickups but everything seems perfect.

The neck was just how I thought it was. Fatter than your typical Fender C. For me a success, just like a 1958 Gibson. I was quite scared to see the cut in the end of the neck, what they call "scarf joint" and that translates to a better resistance of the woods at that point of structural stress. What I can notice, and I love it, is that the neck vibrates perfectly when you play a chord and the guitar has very good resonance and sustain. Actually I was very surprised at this point, it is the Strat that I have played the most sustain. The issue of radio 7.25 almost that I don't even know about it ... it's comfortable and it suits me well.

As for it to come with a cover and not a suitcase. In my case better. Being at home is perfect for me and if I have to go out with her, I have a hard case at home. It is a good case.

That this is not understood as a review, they are only first impressions.

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

I had a clear idea of long-term looking to buy a Fender John Mayer (for its growing value) or a PRS Silver Sky when there was stock in store. The current Silver Sky colors were not to my liking and I was only looking at the Moca Sand.

A second-hand Silver Sky appeared in in Horizon Red color (everything and that they have copied it from the Tesla colors, it is practically the same as the Fender Candy Apple Red I had a few years ago).

As for the second hand purchase, everything is perfect. The guitar in perfect condition, totally new from the store.

As for the guitar, it is still too early to draw conclusions but it feels like a Fender Stratocaster, only you notice a point of evolution of small changes that together make it evolved. The headstock does not bother me since I have always played with 3 + 3 Les Paul type guitars and almost when I tune a Strat it is difficult for me to reach out and tune the last 3 (hobbies). I think the locking of the tuners is a success and how comfortable it is. I am not bothered by the material on the tuner heads. I think there is a success in terms of weight. Switch, potentiometers, jack ... all the same as a Fender with quality electronics (CRL, CTS ...). I had seen comments on YouTube that the input jack arrangement was different from the Fender ones, much better. I see it the same. Neither better nor worse.

I still have to give him hours to draw conclusions from the sound of the pickups but everything seems perfect.

The neck was just how I thought it was. Fatter than your typical Fender C. For me a success, just like a 1958 Gibson. I was quite scared to see the cut in the end of the neck, what they call "scarf joint" and that translates to a better resistance of the woods at that point of structural stress. What I can notice, and I love it, is that the neck vibrates perfectly when you play a chord and the guitar has very good resonance and sustain. Actually I was very surprised at this point, it is the Strat that I have played the most sustain. The issue of radio 7.25 almost that I don't even know about it ... it's comfortable and it suits me well.

As for it to come with a cover and not a suitcase. In my case better. Being at home is perfect for me and if I have to go out with her, I have a hard case at home. It is a good case.

That this is not understood as a review, they are only first impressions.

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php
Looks perfect! Love the color!! The only "current" color in the SS I would want is the Pink, but I am not paying an extra $150 for it!!! I would take this color though!!!!

I have owned many Strats in my life from vintage early 60's to the new ones. The first thing I tell other guitar guys is the New Mexican made Strats are the best Strats ever made.
They out play my 63 Strat without a doubt. Right now my better Strats has two Humbucker and came from the Mod shop. But dollar for dollar the players series are just as good if not better.

This brings me to the Silver Sky. I hate signature guitars in my opinion there is no need for it, It is just a way to bring buyers in. I just cant wrap my head around well if this famous guy plays it must be good. For me signature guitars are a lemming type of thing. I do own some but from the stand point of some feature I wanted to try like the scalloped neck on my Ritchie Blackmore strat. Now with all that bluster out of the way.

I found a used Silver Sky at a good price I bought it because I wanted to see what a PRS Strat would be like. Mine is green I do not know the year I think it may be a 2020?
I set up the guitar to my liking. Then sat down to play it. My first impressions were and are this is what a Strat should have been since 1957. If anyone wants just one strat style guitar in their collection this is the one hands down.

These are strictly MY opinions this is my disclaimer everyone else's results on everything I said will and does vary from player to player so no need to start a fight here, just saying.

Back