New Silver Sky - First Impression/Tone and Buzz?

I finally go my SS set up properly to spec. I needed a new nut. I didn't even think to look at that at first.
Mine is pretty bad all around. I'm uncomfortable counting on a set up to sort out buzz basically everywhere. Mines going back unfortunately. Beautiful Orion green finish and body shape though. Dang.

Mine is pretty bad all around. I'm uncomfortable counting on a set up to sort out buzz basically everywhere. Mines going back unfortunately. Beautiful Orion green finish and body shape though. Dang.
Sorry to hear of your issues.
Every guitar can be made to play correctly and PRS are as easy as they come to set up. it is not true a 7.5 in radius guitar can't have low action all the strings can be just as low as any other guitar it just has to match the fretboard radius. Both my SS have action as low as my other PRS. If you like the tone of the guitar get a setup , or contact PRS ( PTC ) they can make it right.

Sorry to hear of your issues.
Every guitar can be made to play correctly and PRS are as easy as they come to set up. it is not true a 7.5 in radius guitar can't have low action all the strings can be just as low as any other guitar it just has to match the fretboard radius. Both my SS have action as low as my other PRS. If you like the tone of the guitar get a setup , or contact PRS ( PTC ) they can make it right.
I've improved the situation a bit by adding some relief. Played a bunch. Great pups and switching. Super versatile. While improved, it still buzzes compared to even my cheapest guitars. . Will keep trying but again, why are these guitars so uniquely a pain in the arse?

Sorry to hear that. Good luck with a new one!

Still working with it a bit. The more I play it, the more I want to keep it.... Go figure. Ha.
Mine had a slight hump between the nut and 5th or 6th fret that required a skillful truss rod adjustment. This hump and a nut that was a fair bit lower than spec were the problems I had fixed. If you haven't measured string height at the first fret, worth a look.

Mine had a slight hump between the nut and 5th or 6th fret that required a skillful truss rod adjustment. This hump and a nut that was a fair bit lower than spec were the problems I had fixed. If you haven't measured string height at the first fret, worth a look.
Ok. Thanks! I'm taking it to the shop tomorrow for a look. I've alleviated much of the buzz but that action is to high now. The in between positions w tone nobs working are soo good on the guitar.

Back