New Silver Sky - First Impression/Tone and Buzz?

Discussion in 'Electric Instruments' started by PeteM, May 1, 2021.

1. Jeremy Dahm

Jeremy Dahm New Member

Mine is pretty bad all around. I'm uncomfortable counting on a set up to sort out buzz basically everywhere. Mines going back unfortunately. Beautiful Orion green finish and body shape though. Dang.

2. Rider1260

Rider1260 New Member

Sorry to hear of your issues.
    Every guitar can be made to play correctly and PRS are as easy as they come to set up. it is not true a 7.5 in radius guitar can't have low action all the strings can be just as low as any other guitar it just has to match the fretboard radius. Both my SS have action as low as my other PRS. If you like the tone of the guitar get a setup , or contact PRS ( PTC ) they can make it right.

bodia, Warmart and alantig like this.
  3. Jeremy Dahm

Jeremy Dahm New Member

I've improved the situation a bit by adding some relief. Played a bunch. Great pups and switching. Super versatile. While improved, it still buzzes compared to even my cheapest guitars. . Will keep trying but again, why are these guitars so uniquely a pain in the arse?

4. PeteM

PeteM New Member

Sorry to hear that. Good luck with a new one!

5. Jeremy Dahm

Jeremy Dahm New Member

Still working with it a bit. The more I play it, the more I want to keep it.... Go figure. Ha.

6. PeteM

PeteM New Member

Mine had a slight hump between the nut and 5th or 6th fret that required a skillful truss rod adjustment. This hump and a nut that was a fair bit lower than spec were the problems I had fixed. If you haven't measured string height at the first fret, worth a look.

7. Jeremy Dahm

Jeremy Dahm New Member

Ok. Thanks! I'm taking it to the shop tomorrow for a look. I've alleviated much of the buzz but that action is to high now. The in between positions w tone nobs working are soo good on the guitar.