New Silver Sky Color: Metallic Peach/Pink

I know it is! I love how it turned out, and told you so when you were thinking about stripping it again! Besides, I meant BETTER in a good way. Like, that guitar is b!tchin', I want it to be better than that!

It’s okay, I was just goofing on you.

The finish on modern Core’s and S2’s is so thin... all ya really gotta do is rough it up a bit, spray over it, and treat it like it were a base coat.

I was this close to doing it with my DC3. Bolt on, no faux binding, flat top, and no worrying about messing up the scoop? Relatively easy enough to do a somewhat passable finish if you want something different.

Plus, when/if the fervor for these guitars dies down, and production eventually meets the demand, I theorize that they’ll suffer the same fate as most used PRS which means they’ll basically be worth half or less of what they are new... then that puts it in the financially viable realm of ruining one (in my eyes, for me personally).

The finish on modern Core’s and S2’s is so thin... all ya really gotta do is rough it up a bit, spray over it, and treat it like it were a base coat.

I was this close to doing it with my DC3. Bolt on, no faux binding, flat top, and no worrying about messing up the scoop? Relatively easy enough to do a somewhat passable finish if you want something different.

Plus, when/if the fervor for these guitars dies down, and production eventually meets the demand, I theorize that they’ll suffer the same fate as most used PRS which means they’ll basically be worth half or less of what they are new... then that puts it in the financially viable realm of ruining one (in my eyes, for me personally).

I've always wanted to go to town with a Sharpie like Satch did for a while. I'd also like to try a fabric finish. .

If I were into these I wouldn’t be afraid of refinishing a couple.
You TOTALLY need a Silver Sky model in this color scheme...
tommy-chong-performs-at-cheech-and-chong-in-concert-at-the-gibson-on-picture-id83944314

Back