New SE's!

Bodia would tell you to get one of each...and I'm not inclined to argue with him.

Besides...if you get two, then I can tell my wife I'm not the only uber-obsessed Acoustic nut.

And then, after I get kicked out of the house, I can shack up with you, and play your guitars, too.

Giggle!

Bodia would tell you to get one of each...and I'm not inclined to argue with him.

Besides...if you get two, then I can tell my wife I'm not the only uber-obsessed Acoustic nut.

And then, after I get kicked out of the house, I can shack up with you, and play your guitars, too.

Hahaha deal:D

I really think you guys who have bought a new SE Angelus should post some vids:)

OK, so has anyone played the three new models back-to-back-to-back? or at least compared the A50E to other known guitars?

I have been playing my Taylor (200 series) recently, because it is a bit louder, and I need to be accustomed to the feel enough for some all-acoustic gigs coming up. I happened to pick up my SE Angelus Custom last night just to quickly work through one of my recent songs (I kept forgetting a lyric), and the PRS neck was so wonderful to play!

As I've explained previously, I don't play the PRS for all-acoustic gigs because the RW body-based sound for lead breaks tends to get drowned out by the other guitarist - the Taylor stands out better (it has a maple body and neck, spruce top).

The new A50E seems to match what I would want, but I am hesitant to just buy without hearing or reading about relative "loudness" and projection.

Anyone have any comments in that direction?

So I had written the above post, but not actually hit "post" yet. I did hit post just now, to wrap up the thought.

But, while the post lingered as a draft, I thought, hey let's look to see if any available to play locally. Nope. Oh well.

Then I thought, what's on Reverb? Ooh, a listing at Dave's for a T50E - I wonder if that would be an option - the lack of cutway should help a tiny bit too...

Hmm, but I don't want to buy without comparing...let me call, maybe they can play them and compare relative loudness? oooh, they will! OK, compare T50E to A40E (no A50E in store...) - kinda the same, but T50E is a bit "brighter", better for lead work, though the A40E had a nice sound for rhythm stuff. Hmm, OK, how about compare to a used SE Angelus Custom SE? Oh, much different - the T50E is much louder, and much more audible for leads!

So...incoming T50E!

Went to the Money Vortex in Atlanta this weekend (Righteous Guitars) and got to play a couple different SE's. I have to say that I'm really impressed with these new ones! There's one in particular that struck me, so I may have to go up after Christmas to rescue it if it's still there.

I received my A50E today. WOW!!! I was not prepared to be this impressed with an Asian acoustic. Just WOW!

I really don't see how Paul can sell this quality at this price AND include a really nice hard case. Thanks Paul!!!

Nice! That's great to hear. I've got a TX20E coming in a few days.

So I just went to a PRS road show and played several acoustics...walked out with the A60. What a wonderful guitar both in looks and sound. I will be selling my Taylor now. And ease of playing. I don't know what it is, neck, body, whatever but it is so comfortable. I love it!

Back