New SE's!

Discussion in 'Acoustic Guitars' started by RedGuitars, Jan 9, 2018.

1. bodia

bodia Authorities said.....best leave it.....unsolved

Giggle!

2. Sonnny

Sonnny New Member

Hahaha deal:D

3. DreamTheaterRules

DreamTheaterRules Archon owning member

If by "trying to help" you mean like a drug dealer tries to help! :D

bodia likes this.
  4. bodia

bodia Authorities said.....best leave it.....unsolved

Well, yeah!

DreamTheaterRules likes this.
  5. Sonnny

Sonnny New Member

Anyone here who prefered the A50E over A40E? And why?

6. Sonnny

Sonnny New Member

I really think you guys who have bought a new SE Angelus should post some vids:)

7. shinksma

shinksma What? I get a title?

OK, so has anyone played the three new models back-to-back-to-back? or at least compared the A50E to other known guitars?

I have been playing my Taylor (200 series) recently, because it is a bit louder, and I need to be accustomed to the feel enough for some all-acoustic gigs coming up. I happened to pick up my SE Angelus Custom last night just to quickly work through one of my recent songs (I kept forgetting a lyric), and the PRS neck was so wonderful to play!

As I've explained previously, I don't play the PRS for all-acoustic gigs because the RW body-based sound for lead breaks tends to get drowned out by the other guitarist - the Taylor stands out better (it has a maple body and neck, spruce top).

The new A50E seems to match what I would want, but I am hesitant to just buy without hearing or reading about relative "loudness" and projection.

Anyone have any comments in that direction?

8. shinksma

shinksma What? I get a title?

So I had written the above post, but not actually hit "post" yet. I did hit post just now, to wrap up the thought.

But, while the post lingered as a draft, I thought, hey let's look to see if any available to play locally. Nope. Oh well.

Then I thought, what's on Reverb? Ooh, a listing at Dave's for a T50E - I wonder if that would be an option - the lack of cutway should help a tiny bit too...

Hmm, but I don't want to buy without comparing...let me call, maybe they can play them and compare relative loudness? oooh, they will! OK, compare T50E to A40E (no A50E in store...) - kinda the same, but T50E is a bit "brighter", better for lead work, though the A40E had a nice sound for rhythm stuff. Hmm, OK, how about compare to a used SE Angelus Custom SE? Oh, much different - the T50E is much louder, and much more audible for leads!

So...incoming T50E!

alantig, Boogie, bluenova and 3 others like this.