New SE245

Bumps

Hi first post here, just wanted to say I have been looking for a Les Paul type guitar to use at some of the shall we say less salubrious establishments my band play at where I wouldn't want to take my 58 reissue. I came across the PRS SE 245 (having never really considered a PRS before) and I have to say this thing rocks big time, I have read many reviews and comments from owners who have felt the need to mod this model but honestly I cant think why. From the box I only needed to tweak the truss rod to take some of the relief out of the neck and drop the action a tad and it plays as sweet as a nut and talking of nuts this has one of the best cut nuts straight from the factory I have ever seen absolutely perfect. The pickups are excellent they scream when I need it and clean up really nicely and I really cant find a single fault with the build quality superb stuff!!!! Right that's the pros now the cons I really will have to change the knobs they are truly horrible that's it the only thing I can find wrong with this guitar.
:congrats:

I will post some pics when I get a chance can't decide whether to go with just plain gold speed knobs or I must admit I think it would look good with four chrome Tele type knobs decisions decisions!!!! Oh by the way its tortoise shell.

I just got the tortoise shell one too, I kinda like the knobs though, they blend in nicely. But gold speed knobs would look sharp too. That would be my first choice. I would agree though, stock they're pretty darn good - love playing mine.

Not the best pic in the world but its all I have at the moment
582764_3736519550878_1529382162_n.jpg

Welcome to he club. I recently bought a se 245 ltd edition. I too had to set the relief and action but not by much. They are great guitars. I agree about the nut they are well cut the pickups are great too.

Congrats on your new SE245! :)

I have the same model and color.
I also hated the red knobs so I switched them out for Gibson "Amber".
I found the pickups adequate but I play through a high gain amp and found them to be a little harsh.
I eventually swapped them out for a pair of Gibson '57 Classics.
They offer a much smoother response through my rig.

Here's mine.
PRSSE245_zps1a5afb48.jpg

Back