New SE Satin Quilt Stealth Models

Beautiful! The Zach Myers is killer! Alas, they're a European run. I remember when Europe had a Zach Myers in Sapphire Blue quilt that I loved. Guess I'll have to say goodbye to these too.

Beautiful! The Zach Myers is killer! Alas, they're a European run. I remember when Europe had a Zach Myers in Sapphire Blue quilt that I loved. Guess I'll have to say goodbye to these too.

Yeah, where's the American dealer bad@ss enough to do some Bangin'! SE runs like the Japanese and English dealers?

Those look pretty sweet! What's import tax to the US??

If you really want it, it is completely irrelevant! :p

EU prices do include VAT, and If the guitar is shipped outside the EU it should be VAT-exempt. Thus, you should get a discount on the purchase which will offset the import duties to the state. From my understanding this “discount” should be applied at the time of purchase.

I live in the EU and have never gone through the process, so sadly cannot give you any more info than that.

Cu 24 w/Floyd in dark satin??? Absofrickinlutely :rolleyes:

Yeah, where's the American dealer bad@ss enough to do some Bangin'! SE runs like the Japanese and English dealers?
Axe Palace offered a run of SE CU24s and SVNs with ebony FBs and burled poplar tops in late-2017 - still waiting for the shipment to arrive from PRS (I have a blue-whale SVN in there!) (some still avail to reserve, I think), and offered some other kind of special runs in one or mor previous years (quilt tops, IIRC). And Brian's did that run of Spalted Maple ZMs back in 2014 - that was my third PRSi ever (ordered before I bought my second PRSi). Another place out west (Colorado?) had done spalted CU24s before that, even, IIRC, too.

So there are a few dealers out there. Just need to shake them down for ideas...

I just bought an Se with the maple fretboard. They are not Vat exempt. It was $950 after everything.
Assuming you live outside the EU, it should have been VAT-exempt. Maybe look online for forms for getting a refund, if your retailer won't co-operate.

Assuming you live outside the EU, it should have been VAT-exempt. Maybe look online for forms for getting a refund, if your retailer won't co-operate.

You are right. It was import duties not VAT. $56 dollars worth.

Probably it's not of great interest, since this was a 2018 Europe-only limited edition that I presume it's by now completely sold-out, but I bought one of them (a Custom 24) and was immediatly impressed by the build quality.
I've got it a couple of months ago from a renowed European online shop for a discounted price (was 40% off, brand new, not refurbished) and for the price I payed it, I think it's really awesome.
At full price (it was 999€) I did not have bought it (there are lots of interesting models from various brands at that price point) and, besides, I'm really a beginner with guitars, so it'd been too pricey...
Tonewise, I feel the different combinations of bridge/neck pickup and humbuckers/coil tap are distinguished enough to make them all usable.
I adjusted a little the truss rod and the saddles, to lower the action, but it may still be a little too high, but I will bring it to a professional, sooner or later.
I'm really happy with the guitar, the satin finish of the neck make it quite fast for the hand to move around and also the satin body is pleasing to touch.
But, as I said, I'm a real beginner and this is just my humble opinion... ;-)

Last edited:
Back