New SE, pitch goes way higher everytime using tremolo arm for G and B strings

Roudan

Hi Guys

as you noticed, I got my first PRS SE Custom 214 35th anniversary Fade Blue. I love it. The finish is so nice. The action and setup is really good, the tone is good, it has both fender single coil sound and Gibson Les paul humbucker sound. That is the reason I bought PRS, it cover both of Fender and Gibson.

However, everytime I use tremeblo arm, the G and B strings' pitch went really high, in the middle between center and right side of the tuner. The other strings stays tuned, like high E is fine. Bending doesn't affect the tune either, so only tremolo arm.

How to deal with this issue?

As you probably noticed wells, I was asking also why the tremblo arm is very tight, I hope they are not related and I believed not as well.

Thanks

Thank you Rod. I never knew that until now. I checked Amazon. The reviews are quite good. $20 CAD. I will order one.
Hi. You’re welcome @Roudan … it’s great stuff.. good for bridge saddle slots as well.. also for polishing the frets and fingerboard, try some Gorgomyte. It comes on a cloth. Cut a 2” square and do the frets and fingerboard… amazing…..

Hi. You’re welcome @Roudan … it’s great stuff.. good for bridge saddle slots as well.. also for polishing the frets and fingerboard, try some Gorgomyte. It comes on a cloth. Cut a 2” square and do the frets and fingerboard… amazing…..

Thank you Rod, another good stuff. #30CAD from amazon.ca for Canadian. I am very pleased to see this. I will order one as well. Thank you Sir!

https://www.amazon.ca/Gorgomyte-Fre...9Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

https://www.stewmac.com/luthier-too...40BdRgW9PLlw611-Fr0n4ql0Up64J2xMaAhaOEALw_wcB

If you are some what mechanical, regular cleaning & conditioning of the fret board, frets, nut & bridge is a fabulous habit to develop. Many of us older mongrels have our coveted personal rituals that we go through on a (semi) regular basis. It seems the more guitars one own, the 'more regular' these practices seem to occur.

Climate affects guitars rather quickly; thus if your local weather has fluctuated noticeably, the more frequently you'll need to attend to each guitar's needs.

I've used Gorgomyte, does a good job!

Just ordered another!

Last edited:
Back