New SE locking tuners from PRS!

I cut my own nuts and do my own setups, my tuning stability was 99% the tuners with just a tad of wild weather changes thrown in. When I switched to the Grover mini lockers my issues were cured, other than the little changes in temp and humidity this time of year creates in the Midwest. I will change my stock nut eventually but the nut was definitely not the cause. It's actually pretty nice given that it's an import.

I have a set of the PRS branded locking tuners from Mann. They dropped in and are awesome. I hope these tuners don’t eat into his business too much.
I have 5 sets of Mann’s unbranded modified tuners.

The brass shafts of the new ones are enticing, but replacing all of mine would be half the cost of an SE HB Std. If it ain’t broke...

I guess the Mann modified tuners are now officially old-school!

Any word on if and how these will be available in Europe? I don't see them on the European PRS store.

John still makes tuners for other applications and is a PRS dealer, so he can sell the new PRS version as well. I'm sure he'll be fine.

Considering that the price of the new SE replacements is the same as the S2 keys, my hope is they are the same tuners, just with a screw tab mount. The keys used on the S2 series are a significant step up from the SE series.

I was just talking to PRS the other day about upgrading the tuners on my Santana SE. Nice they came out with these for sure

The PRS announcement came just a tad too late for me. I just finished installing Schaller locking tuners on my SE Santana.
I'm very pleased, look good and work as advertised.

Woohoo, my set arrived today.

Firstly, PRS don't mess around when it comes to packaging.

bM6F1Kd.jpg

osz97or.jpg

They are made by the same manufacturer that does the S2 keys.

1cXXFQc.jpg

Looking good!

dQsEX2D.jpg

PoRcJUY.jpg

Bought a blank truss rod cover while I was at it. Hoping Paul will sign it when I see him at Righteous in a few weeks.

EHzuC3W.jpg

How do they feel man? Have an SE Santana and thinking about making the switch for sure

Back