New SE EG!

Ripken Holt

Just got a beautiful PRS SE EG off ebay for $400! Super excited. I didn't think there was any chance I would find one of these & was going to settle for a Soapbar or Custom 24 when I checked eBay again this morning & there it was! I know I'm taking a little risk in buying it without ever having seen it in person (especially since it's my first guitar) but it is so worth it! Everybody I know who has one loves it & SE EGs are impossible to find. Even if I don't like it, I think I'll be able to turn it around & get my money back easy. Don't know if I've ever been this excited before. Now I've just got to choose a combo amp to play it with...

I freakin' love the SE EG. Still kick myself from time to time for not buying one when they were in production. The prices on used ones are always high, which I take as a testament to how good they are.

That's what I had heard. How much do you think I could turn around & sell it for on the off chance that I don't like it?

That's what I had heard. How much do you think I could turn around & sell it for on the off chance that I don't like it?

Well, I know somebody who just got one for about $400 apparently...

In other words, who knows? The market for such items is, as always, based on supply and demand. If suddenly the market is flooded with a bunch, they'll drop in price, possibly never recover.

You probably won't lose much if you need to re-sell, but I wouldn't count on making anything, after fees and shipping, etc...

Try the Tech 21 trademark 30 for your first amp. I gig with one all the time. It can sound like darn near every amp ever made, & their service is great if you do something stupid. (Been there, done that). They are American made, inexpensive and weigh 15 lbs. And you can carry it in the gig bag they sell. Go to www.tech21nyc.com. If you can raise the bucks, I like the PRS SE30 combo. Lots of sound, but not as versatile as the Tech 21. Congratulations on your score. I can't justify yet another SE. If I could, that'd be the one.

What would you recommend as the most important mods and why?

Great guitar!! Have had mine for a year or so and it is stellar when playing live. All 5 positions are very useful, it never goes out of tune and is light as a feather.
Mine has Tone Pros locking studs and a US nut, plus I did spend some time shielding the cavities to make it really quiet for a single coil. Best (little bit of) money I ever spent on gear!

Jim

Hey everyone, I just found and put on hold at GC a red tremolo one, I'll post pics as soon as it gets released from used gear jail. I was looking for specs on how to possibly bring it back to PTC spec or would that not be a good idea and just have a luthier set it up? any recommendations on electronics upgrades? anyone install a 5 way CRL blade switch on theirs?

Okay, new guitar day is here! thanks @dogrocketp for the suggested upgrades, I feel like it can be better or am I hyping it up too much? some dude saw me picking it up and tried to buy it off of me, took his number just in case in the future, but need to post a few more times since the forum doesn't let u upload pics as a new member

does anyone know who made the stock pups? seems like info on it is minimal. also, found out what EG meant from an employee at PRS. Electric Guitar....‍♂️

Back