New SE’s!!! HB,HBII, Starla, and Mira?!?!

SE Cu 22, Cu 24, Std 24, SE Tremonti, all with wide/thin neck.

Yep... honestly, the SE line was getting a little "stale" IMO. Lots of W/T maple necks and trems, and while there is certainly a place for that in the PRS lineup, it doesn't really represent the corresponding mix of ingredients in the USA line. Personally, I want W/F hog necks, all day long, and stoptails more, too. So I'm happy to see some things going that way.

I’d go as far as to say I think the SE single cut NEEDS an update. I’ve got one but it’s been refretted and the bridge remounted in the correct position, I could do with a new one!

I hope they go to the 2 piece on the SE245 soon, or come out with something else that has it, in addition to the Starla.

I sure hope so! I’m still waiting for an S2 Bass Guitar!

I would be very into that. I'm gonna need to break down and get a bass in the future, and I like the SE Kestrel over the Kingfisher, but would likely take an S2 over either if they were priced in the range of the S2 Standards. But, even beyond basses, I'm all for adding more to the S2 line, especially diversifying the tones available via different guitars. I have 3 now, they're hard working and great quality, without being very expensive. One could build quite an arsenal of capabilities on a moderate budget with just S2's.

Last edited:
Just now finally got a chance to reply to this thread... looking forward to checking out the Hollowbody Standard. That's right up my alley.

Also added a new Holcombe SE in a Walnut Finish

qw_5feaeb2c77.jpg

I ordered an HB II. I was told November, I was hoping early November. Who gave you the ETA?
Sweetwater — That was the ETA *before* I placed the order. I got an email a couple of hours ago stating the ETA is now Nov 20.

Honestly, I'm baffled as to why they don't bring back the SE One as a regular model. I think they were pretty much universally loved. Would kill to have one in vintage cherry.

Honestly, I'm baffled as to why they don't bring back the SE One as a regular model. I think they were pretty much universally loved. Would kill to have one in vintage cherry.
Yeah, I've never understood the reason for doing whole exclusive models. I get doing exclusive finishes or variations on existing models, but not this. But what do I know :p

Does it have anything to do with what the Euro dealers believe they can sell?

I don’t know, just a thought.

Unfortunately for the rest of the world, Europe only.

EDIT: Europe and UK. Since Brexit and all that, can't associate the two any more...
I might have to import One. Or hope it depresses the currently high used market on Reverb.

Back