New SC250 pickup!?

boardn10

Hey gents....

Looking to replace the bridge pickup in my SC250. I'm playing with a band that does everything from Rush to The Cars and The Police to STP, Alice in Chains, Pearl Jam, Tool, etc. We do a variety plus originals.
Looking for something fat and warm but chunky with fat lows and warm highs. Something that can split well. I have my SC250 split right now.
I could also do PRS pickup?
After market, I like the Rio BBQ, Wolfetone Timbrewolf, WCR Godwood and the old Gibson Lawrence The Original pickup.
Suggestions?
Thanks!

SD Pearly Gates, if I’m going to change a bridge pickup this would be my non PRS go to. I have this pickup in the bridge position in two early Custom 24’s and both my SE single cuts. It plays well with other pickups is very full and balanced and splits well too.

SD Pearly Gates, if I’m going to change a bridge pickup this would be my non PRS go to. I have this pickup in the bridge position in two early Custom 24’s and both my SE single cuts. It plays well with other pickups is very full and balanced and splits well too.
Haven't used that one but assumed it was bright and not the best for hard rock?

For other brands, I love the Rio BBQ in my LP. I was thinking Wolfetone Timbrewolf in my SC250 since I used one in an LP years ago and loved it. It's a hot pickup so it will be not far off from my SC250. Similar output, alnico V and different winding. Would split well.

For other brands, I love the Rio BBQ in my LP. I was thinking Wolfetone Timbrewolf in my SC250 since I used one in an LP years ago and loved it. It's a hot pickup so it will be not far off from my SC250. Similar output, alnico V and different winding. Would split well.
Speaking of Wolfe. I'd drop him a line, tell him what you want for what guitar, and let him wind a custom one for you.

59/09’s can be had in four conductor. Though I don’t use the term it’s dare i say considered modern ugh. Anyhow the pearly gates I used for all rock from 70’s to hair band stuff. Absolutely love the pickup. Never herd of the Wolftone’s though like guitars there are many excellent custom builders. Good luck with your search.

59/09’s can be had in four conductor. Though I don’t use the term it’s dare i say considered modern ugh. Anyhow the pearly gates I used for all rock from 70’s to hair band stuff. Absolutely love the pickup. Never herd of the Wolftone’s though like guitars there are many excellent custom builders. Good luck with your search.
Wolfe rocks! One of the best guys out there to deal with. Excellent product, fast service, and at a reasonable price. Those combinations are hard to come by in the modern world..

Also a fan of Pearly Gates and the 59/09 is an outstanding bridge pickup.

Speaking of Wolfe. I'd drop him a line, tell him what you want for what guitar, and let him wind a custom one for you.
Yes, I love Wolfe. Great guy. I've used a few of his. I just don't know if it would be better than the SC250. The SC250 is so fat and punchy,thick for leads. It responds well to the tone and volume pots. I can make it pretty dark yet clear. Or bright.

Back