New S2 with Satin finish, neck a little sticky feeling

TimK

Hi All: Just got an awesome S2 Standard 22 with satin antique white finish. Exceeded my expectations in almost everything. The neck feels a little sticky. I'm wondering if it is so new that the finish hasn't cured completely. I can smell the finish. The finish is smooth, it just doesn't have that easy glide that all my other guitars have.

I had a standard 24 satin and it was a touch sticky for about a week or so till it wore in, then it was silky smooth. The satin finish wears nicely as you play, enjoy!

I need pics! There aren't enough real world pictures of that particular color.

I had a standard 24 satin and it was a touch sticky for about a week or so till it wore in, then it was silky smooth. The satin finish wears nicely as you play, enjoy!

That's what I was hoping. Thanks!

OP My favorite guitar! love to see those pics never seen a satin white...

I took pics on my real camera but left the card reader at home. I'll put them up soon, hopefully this evening. It's a better guitar than I am a player but it makes me sound better. So, I think the only way it's leaving me is by prying it out of my cold dead fingers.

Last edited:
Awesome, OP I have a satin in Mccarty burst just like yours, I also have a mahogany color with a finish theyre wonderful guitars play the heck out of it, I actually think my satin sounds better its more alive, If I ever get the Vela its going to be another satin.

I like the shape of the Vela, it's cool. Its bridge with the non-independent intonation adjustment scared me away from it. Maybe PRS guitars are so precise that that isn't a problem, but every guitar I've set up did not have a perfectly linear intonation setting.

I always put several coats of Meguiar’s liquid cleaner/ wax on my guitar necks. After three coats, they’re nice and slippery. I redo it about once every six months. I never sell my keeper guitars, so I ignore the warnings not do do this. It makes them harder to refinish.

I need pics! There aren't enough real world pictures of that particular color.

To hold you over, here's my 2014 S2 Custom 22 in Antique White..

GuJGqrE.jpg

FPUdb4p.jpg

Fwv6ifD.jpg

fUnV0aq.jpg

The antique white looks amazing, I have one of the 2017 Satin Black ones and pictures rarely do it justice as the grain looks stunning in real life. The body on my one is one piece, is that always the way with Velas ?

Back