new s2 opinion

We live in an advantaged day.
Antibiotics; disinfected water; dentistry; Private Stock PRSes...

Rusty,

How are you feeling this evening? It worries me when folks we're acquaintances or friends with online experience illnesses or conditions that require recurring treatment.

My Dad was a kidney home dialysis patient for about 8 years following surgery. I think it's the way human life exists today...we're given only a brief time to be born, raised, work, enjoy family life, retire, grow old, get sick and then die.

Though I do not fear death myself. In my view, unless it's from some violent means, it's usually peaceful and only involves falling asleep from which you don't awaken. Perhaps that is reassurance that someday, unless we're doing something we shouldn't do, the letters, R.I.P. are literal. We don't earn wages, we don't experience pain, and quite frankly, we go back to the earth and become part of the ecosystem again.

Perhaps the only "fun" we have is while we're alive...then others can celebrate our lives at our funerals. Me, I think I'd prefer to let my ashes be scattered modestly if state regs don't conflict with family's wishes.

Meanwhile, it would take a lot more for me to hand in my scorecard and call it quits from life. Maybe in the final analysis, let it be said that my memory would rest in God's hands, and perhaps may he find favor with me.

I sincerely hope your strong back will help you live this life to its fullest, considering those whom you cherish, and forgiving those who may have slighted you in the past. It's most of what we can do until we're called home for the big sleep.

Rusty,

How are you feeling this evening? It worries me when folks we're acquaintances or friends with online experience illnesses or conditions that require recurring treatment.

My Dad was a kidney home dialysis patient for about 8 years following surgery. I think it's the way human life exists today...we're given only a brief time to be born, raised, work, enjoy family life, retire, grow old, get sick and then die.

Though I do not fear death myself. In my view, unless it's from some violent means, it's usually peaceful and only involves falling asleep from which you don't awaken. Perhaps that is reassurance that someday, unless we're doing something we shouldn't do, the letters, R.I.P. are literal. We don't earn wages, we don't experience pain, and quite frankly, we go back to the earth and become part of the ecosystem again.

Perhaps the only "fun" we have is while we're alive...then others can celebrate our lives at our funerals. Me, I think I'd prefer to let my ashes be scattered modestly if state regs don't conflict with family's wishes.

Meanwhile, it would take a lot more for me to hand in my scorecard and call it quits from life. Maybe in the final analysis, let it be said that my memory would rest in God's hands, and perhaps may he find favor with me.

I sincerely hope your strong back will help you live this life to its fullest, considering those whom you cherish, and forgiving those who may have slighted you in the past. It's most of what we can do until we're called home for the big sleep.

I’m good for an old burnt out curmudgeon!

Aches and pains, but they move around so it’s a variety show. I go to CrossFit a couple days a week, and follow a friend up hill and down dale shooting arrows at hay bales with targets (compound bows). Good cardio there.

My diabetes is well controlled. Has been for ages. I used to have a commercial drivers license which required close monitoring. It’s agent orange related. None in my family. I’m better off than most.

My family (of history) has been remarkably cancer free, but we all get arthritis.

I’ve been retired for ten years, and nobody’s has had or is having a better life than me.

Been enjoying my rocking chair/grampa years immensely. I have enough money to live and give, and never deny myself a guitar that winks at me from the rack.

Thanks!

I’m good for an old burnt out curmudgeon!

Aches and pains, but they move around so it’s a variety show. I go to CrossFit a couple days a week, and follow a friend up hill and down dale shooting arrows at hay bales with targets (compound bows). Good cardio there.

My diabetes is well controlled. Has been for ages. I used to have a commercial drivers license which required close monitoring. It’s agent orange related. None in my family. I’m better off than most.

My family (of history) has been remarkably cancer free, but we all get arthritis.

I’ve been retired for ten years, and nobody’s has had or is having a better life than me.

Been enjoying my rocking chair/grampa years immensely. I have enough money to live and give, and never deny myself a guitar that winks at me from the rack.

Thanks!

Thanks, Rusty,

One of our seniors here at our apartments is wheelchair-bound, a victim of agent orange back in the day. His legs are not in good shape. He's not the most pleasant of characters and is rather jaded by his condition. Folks bring him food because it is a hardship for him to move about his apartment easily.

I've personally not bent a bow since I was a young man in college, but can bend at the waist when greeting my Asian neighbor. Neither have I rowed a boat, yet both require strong backs. I still can tie my shoes sitting down and just about touch my toes standing.

On a lighter note, I think as we age we all become somewhat of the Rice Krispies generation regards aches and pains. It occurs with being less active physically and muscle and bone mass loss. My family is also cancer-free, but that doesn't mean life stops being renewed. Your adult children will have grandkids that will help keep you feeling younger.

Regards rocking chairs, someone once said to me, "Rocking chairs are great in that they give you something to do, but don't really get you anywhere." I have only a small difficulty sometimes hearing what people say, but then again, I'm not the one pulling the strings, either...LOL...

Hopefully, I'll still be working on my yard and garden well into my 80s and 90s, God-willing. Some of what I grow I give to fellow apartment dwellers, but do not need anything in return.

The VA provides hearing aids. I love ‘em!

It was like getting my tubes replaced and biased in my old Showman! Rolled the cotton back twenty years.

Nice!

My elderly Mom used to wear hearing aids though she couldn't adjust the volume and still has a hard time picking out individual conversations in a crowd of people. Her lament is that she doesn't mind speaking to the person next to her, but can't hear others' conversations (that she'd like to) when speaking in a crowd.

I've asked Mom about it and she says its one of the reasons at her age she doesn't go out to dinner much anymore and people-watch. However, Mom did recently make some money on a recent sale and has enough money to invest in a new set of hearing aids; ones with newer technology that can be adjusted, and hopefully, not need battery replacements. (I've seen at least one advertisement for hearing aids with a rechargeable battery dock that would be unobtrusive and more convenient for Mom)

Just hope she remembers to take the dang things out of her pockets and puts 'em away before doing laundry, we'll be safe...:D

"Hello, I'm the self appointed flame police on every post!"

Sorry Les, I couldn't resist. It was like a donut sitting on a plate :)

It really was.

Hey, I used the word, ‘stiff’, instead of ‘corpse’ in another post, if you really want to have some comedy fun!!

:)

Nice!

My elderly Mom used to wear hearing aids though she couldn't adjust the volume and still has a hard time picking out individual conversations in a crowd of people. Her lament is that she doesn't mind speaking to the person next to her, but can't hear others' conversations (that she'd like to) when speaking in a crowd.

I've asked Mom about it and she says its one of the reasons at her age she doesn't go out to dinner much anymore and people-watch. However, Mom did recently make some money on a recent sale and has enough money to invest in a new set of hearing aids; ones with newer technology that can be adjusted, and hopefully, not need battery replacements. (I've seen at least one advertisement for hearing aids with a rechargeable battery dock that would be unobtrusive and more convenient for Mom)

Just hope she remembers to take the dang things out of her pockets and puts 'em away before doing laundry, we'll be safe...:D

Mine adjust in restaurants to give priority to front and diminish crowd noise if I can sit with my back to the noise.
Also auto-adjusts so my amp behind me drops out!
Oh well. There are work-arounds for smart technology.

Mine adjust in restaurants to give priority to front and diminish crowd noise if I can sit with my back to the noise.
Also auto-adjusts so my amp behind me drops out!
Oh well. There are work-arounds for smart technology.

Rusty,

Do you know the make and model of your hearing aids? I'd like to keep an open-mind and not be too discriminating regards my research. I think if Mom could be provided with some good options, she might appreciate the time you spent working with me for her needs.

Rusty,

Do you know the make and model of your hearing aids? I'd like to keep an open-mind and not be too discriminating regards my research. I think if Mom could be provided with some good options, she might appreciate the time you spent working with me for her needs.

Phonak 141-536 5

Back