New S2 Mira from MusiciansFriend shipped with wrong bridge?!

Aidan Ryan

Just got a new PRS S2 Mira Semi-Hollow shipped to me with the wrong bridge. It has an adjustable stoptail, looks like a Mann. Some screwdriver marks on one of the pegs. How is this even possible? Is there any possible way it left the factory like this?

The marks on the studs likely came from MF employees tweaking it.

Some speculation that there were complaints about the previous bridge, and that prs sourced a different supplier for the adjustable version. IIRC there was no official announcement of the change.

Welp, it plays and sounds great. I need to apologize to a customer service rep.

Well this is disappointing. I just purchased a new S2 Mira Semi-hollow 2 weeks ago. I guess mine was old stock. I got the old tailpiece. Looks like $257 to upgrade to the new one. I'm already into it for $xxxx+.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well this is disappointing. I just purchased a new S2 Mira Semi-hollow 2 weeks ago. I guess mine was old stock. I got the old tailpiece. Looks like $257 to upgrade to the new one. I'm already into it for $xxxx+.
Give prs customer service a call. The worst they could say is no.
Also a Mann adjustable bridge is much less expensive than the prs. That's what I have on my 15 S2 semi single cut

Give prs customer service a call. The worst they could say is no.
Also a Mann adjustable bridge is much less expensive than the prs. That's what I have on my 15 S2 semi single cut
Thanks for the info. I'll give them a call tomorrow. I really love the guitar, but the upgraded tailpiece would sure be nice.

Interesting... I know they have or had adjustable bridges on some of the SEs (Lowery for example). Given how expensive the USA ones are, I thought maybe those SE adjustable bridges would be Korean made. Just pure speculation on my part, but perhaps it's cheaper to do a Korean adjustable bridge on a S2 than a US single piece stoptail.

Where are those close-up pics?

I am new to the forum, as per the rules of a noob here, I can't post with links. Look up on Reverb.com "2016 Mira" by Ryan Fowler, those have the new adjustable bridges. Its also stated in the PRS website with updated pictures. Starting to wonder when PRS made this change. You can't find too many pictures of new Miras online which is a bummer.

I'm currently waiting on my new PRS Mira (arriving Sept6). My dealer said its straight from the factory, so looking to have the same adjustable bridge... Will be greatly disappointed if I see "15" instead of "16" at the start of the serial number, and if I see the old bridge.

I've heard that the S2 models get the same aluminum stoptail as the Core line. The SE models get a zinc version.

I've got the non-adjustable stoptail on my 2015 S2 Semi Singlecut, and the intonation set up fine with a low action and 10s. As long as you can get good intonation then you're not really missing anything from the adjustable version. (Which I repeat to myself 10 times a day lol)

I just got a cherry S2 Vela with birds yesterday. It is a really nice guitar, but today, I am sending it back.
Nothing wrong with the guitar, but the offset body for me is uncomfortable and the upper fret access is tighter then I desire.
I ordered from their customer service rep, who was really nice to me, a Satin S2 24. I'm hoping that it has better fret access. $200 off the regular $999 price.
The Vela must have been in their supply for some time and the neck would have made Robin Hood think he got a new bow. Wow! I had to turn the truss rod 4 times end to end to get the neck straight, which it finally did. The neck was nice, but even though I liked it, it just felt like a toy.

I'm hoping the S2 is better or I'll return it and just get a Tele.

Back