New PS, 1985 reproduction.

Nick Gardiner

My first Private Stock. Have resisted up to now as always went for vintage stuff but this was love at first sight.

Based on a 1985 reproduction. Brazilian fretboard, Honduras Mahogany back and neck, all vintage parts, nitro cellulose finish. Really nice mahogany and stain.

It has been modded (WHY!!!!!) but reflected in the price so I was cool, the mini switch is a direct to bridge pickup, then rotary (old wafer type!) is rear single (when the mini toggle is up) the outside parallel, inside parallel, then neck single, neck HB. Very versatile! Tone pot is a push pull sweetswitch. I wish they had just added that and not the mini toggle but I like it and makes a very useful guitar to play, which I will do!

Just love that top and the color of the top and back. Not a scratch on it. Plays like butta!!! Very resonant and rich sounding with a lot of player feedback.

I'll post in the PTC section but in case any switching experts here how hard would it be to convert position 3 from inside coils in parallel to in series as I much prefer that. I am useless with a wafer switch!

DSCF0971_zpsxmvjxnzj.jpg

DSCF0974_zpsanvypvtj.jpg

DSCF0963_zpsasmpacml.jpg

DSCF0965_zpsku7tebyo.jpg

DSCF0969_zpsn7stxqkr.jpg

That is a beautiful example of a vintage 24! congratulations!

I have 2 mini toggles in 3 of my European Carbon Fiber guitars. Each switch runs a specific pickup.
The 3 way is series coils, single coil, parallel coils.

If you are only doing one mini-toggle, that is how I would suggest wiring it. You get the best of all worlds that way.

My first Private Stock. Have resisted up to now as always went for vintage stuff but this was love at first sight.

Based on a 1985 reproduction. Brazilian fretboard, Honduras Mahogany back and neck, all vintage parts, nitro cellulose finish. Really nice mahogany and stain.

It has been modded (WHY!!!!!) but reflected in the price so I was cool, the mini switch is a direct to bridge pickup, then rotary (old wafer type!) is rear single (when the mini toggle is up) the outside parallel, inside parallel, then neck single, neck HB. Very versatile! Tone pot is a push pull sweetswitch. I wish they had just added that and not the mini toggle but I like it and makes a very useful guitar to play, which I will do!

Just love that top and the color of the top and back. Not a scratch on it. Plays like butta!!! Very resonant and rich sounding with a lot of player feedback.

I'll post in the PTC section but in case any switching experts here how hard would it be to convert position 3 from inside coils in parallel to in series as I much prefer that. I am useless with a wafer switch!

DSCF0971_zpsxmvjxnzj.jpg

DSCF0974_zpsanvypvtj.jpg

DSCF0963_zpsasmpacml.jpg

DSCF0965_zpsku7tebyo.jpg

DSCF0969_zpsn7stxqkr.jpg

That's what I call a hall of fame VY top!

Back