New PRS strings out

I think most of us don’t realize how much we can change the sound of a guitar just by changing the strings. After listening to the video, I’m thinking that these would be great on a 24 &;1/2 in scale to start. I’m playing “Mama Mia” this fall. My go to in the pit is an SE 245 that Is has amazing intonation, and I won't cry if it gets bumped. It’s also a bit sterile sounding unless you crank the amp. These strings should do it.

I think I’ll try the Sig strings on my S2 CU22 Semi, that guitar likes brighter strings. Also on my S2 Standard 22 Satin, for a little more oomph, it’s one of the two guitars I use with my band, the other has higher output pickups, so it will hopefully push me toward a better match. We’ll see about the tone, hopefully not too bright.

The PRS Classics are much cheaper than the DR Pure Blues I’ve been using, so maybe I’ll give them another try on the rest of my guitars. I’ve never given the PRS strings a fair shot, mostly because they aren’t always available locally and I don’t want to switch brands if I need some in a pinch, but saving a couple bucks a pack when you have 10-ish electrics to keep fresh is a big deal.

Back