New PRS se custom 24 - strange buzzing issues

Discussion in 'PTC - PRS Tech Center' started by Cody Groves, Aug 15, 2016.

1. Cody Groves

Cody Groves New Member

I bought a new se custom 24 and it arrived yesterday. When i first started playing it i noticed on the A string when i lift my finger off a note it would buzz slightly. It continues to do this. Also it seems when i first pick up the guitar from the stand and start playing both the low E and A string buzz almost on all the frets for a few minutes of playing then it goes away. Ive looked for a good while to try to find similar issues online and what could be causing it, closest ive found is "its your technique". I don't think this is the case though because it only does it on one string and none of my other guitars. Also the wierd buzzing when i first pick it up seems to be a sign somethings amiss. Im not sure what it is though. Any idea what could be causing these two issues and what I should do? Send it back? get a setup? Etc. Its a shame because i really like the guitar and the other four strings play great!

2. dkilpatrick

dkilpatrick Makes guitar faces

Could be the trem springs, there are a few ways to quiet them

3. Cody Groves

Cody Groves New Member

Hmm ill look into that, thanks for the reply :)

4. Cody Groves

Cody Groves New Member

After 4 or 5 youtube videos im almost certain its not the springs. Im pretty sure its a type of fret buzz because its better or worse depending on how i release the note from the fret. Thanks for the suggestion though (-:

5. DHW

DHW New Member

Get it set up by a good luthier. The factory setup specs are listed on the website, should be setup the same as a core.