New PRS SE 594 models

grausch

Drool...

these will sell like hotcakes.

PRS prices are skyrocketing (as are all guitars), but these will be interesting to compare to the S2 and core line.

these will sell like hotcakes.

PRS prices are skyrocketing (as are all guitars), but these will be interesting to compare to the S2 and core line.
I concur. The Core is $4k+, S2 is $2k, and this is $1k. Even used S2's seem to be $1500 pr so. And what really matters to me is the Vintage Pattern neck carve. As long as it feels right, I'll be happy.

Very interesting additions to the lineup. As popular as the 594 is, this is not a big surprise. This suggests bigger price increases on the US models.

We’ll just saw where the 10th anni. S2 594 and CU 24 will have the US pickups. Said the guy that just got one with import pickups 4 months ago. Yup, just threw up in muh mouth a little. :confused:
If it is any consolation to you, the MAP for the 10th anniv appears to be about the price of a new set of US pickups more than the 2022 standard issue S2 models, maybe even higher. So go buy a set of US pups and get them put it, sell the old set for more than the install fee with any luck.

We’ll just saw where the 10th anni. S2 594 and CU 24 will have the US pickups. Said the guy that just got one with import pickups 4 months ago. Yup, just threw up in muh mouth a little. :confused:
Really??!? That does make the S2 more appealing. That makes the 594 almost all US made now no? I thought they were using the US bridge already. Although I did catch the SE version uses a bridge made out of the “same materials” as the US bridge. So maybe the S2 will get the SE bridge and US pickups? Anyway I’m still excited for my SE.

If it is any consolation to you, the MAP for the 10th anniv appears to be about the price of a new set of US pickups more than the 2022 standard issue S2 models, maybe even higher. So go buy a set of US pups and get them put it, sell the old set for more than the install fee with any luck.
Or that. If the price has increased, understandably, for the US pickups I can see people wanting it. But it makes the base s2 an oddball. If they do have a base version with import pickups. I would think you’d either want to save money and get the SE or pay a bit more to get the US pickups.

Really??!? That does make the S2 more appealing. That makes the 594 almost all US made now no? I thought they were using the US bridge already. Although I did catch the SE version uses a bridge made out of the “same materials” as the US bridge. So maybe the S2 will get the SE bridge and US pickups? Anyway I’m still excited for my SE.
OK, I might need to put a big caveat around my initial estimate. There is one particular seller on Reverb where I got that MAP estimate from, but I now see all of their prices are outlandish compared to other vendors, so I think their web-pricing "bot" spun out of control and added waaaaay too much markup. Their MAP for the Holcomb (6 string) in the new color is over $400 more than any other seller, for example.

I can't find anyone else offering up the 10th anniv S2 yet.

Yeah I figure there will be a bigger jump in price for the 10th anni ones. Keep in mind I have no real complaints on the “S”s especially after a little tweaking of the pickup heights. But those US 58/15 LT’s sound even more better.;)

There’s no such thing as a U.S. made bridge, and there hasn’t been for years.

Gibson and Epiphone players who like birds?
I’m thinking introduction to PRS for those that don’t want SE custom 24 route. The SE line has so much to offer now. But anybody that wants to unload a regular core McCarty (non 594) hit me up. Still my fav!

Sweetwater has the 10th anniversary 594 listed at $2399. Yeah I’m sticking with my SE. Fwiw that’s very close to what I paid for my used artist package SC594. That’s why I can’t see paying $1500 for a used S2. There’s some really good deals on cores if you’re patient. And maybe I could get a used S2 for around $1k if I was patient. But they’re making some killer SE guitars right now. And if the SE 594 is anything like my SE Paul’s. I’ll be over the moon.

Back