New PRS owner- Question about QC

Bluesplayer

I recently purchased a PRS Zack Meyers and wanted to get some feedback regarding the finish work on the Guitar. I am not sure if these are defects or expected minor flaws near the lower horn, and were the neck joins the body. Has anyone else had any issues like this?

inline, I don't see an obvious flaw. Are you referring to the horn?
IMG_1335.JPG

That first one at the edge of the blue stain is not a flaw. You’re just seeing the figuring of the maple in cross section
Not sure about that. To me it looks like the edge of the veneer?

Either way, yeah I’d be looking to change that out for another one. I don’t recall seeing many QC issues with these (or any PRS guitars particularly) but that’s not to say it doesn’t happen sometimes. Nobody is perfect.

Here is a possible replacement I found. But in the pic there are two lines in the finish that extend from just below the bridge to the bottom.
Is this acceptable?????
IMG_1340.jpg

In the replacement picture I wouldn't exactly consider that a flaw, more of a way the wood veneer comes together in the bonding process. If you notice, it carries all the way up to the neck between and past the pickups. It's wood, and it won't conform perfectly when two similar ( but not exact) grain pieces meet/join.
In the original, I thought there might have been some bubbling in the finish on the edge, which on second look isn't the case as mentioned above. The neck/body joint however looks suspect to me.

In the replacement picture I wouldn't exactly consider that a flaw, more of a way the wood veneer comes together in the bonding process. If you notice, it carries all the way up to the neck between and past the pickups. It's wood, and it won't conform perfectly when two similar ( but not exact) grain pieces meet/join.
In the original, I thought there might have been some bubbling in the finish on the edge, which on second look isn't the case as mentioned above. The neck/body joint however looks suspect to me.

Do you think that line by the neck joint can be fixed? This guitar was the lightest one I could find at 6.8 lbs which is what I need.

Back