New PRS Owner (2017 CE24)

amra

Hi folks,

just came here to say, I purchased my first PRS guitar about a month ago. It's a CE24, grey-black, dated Feb 14, 2017 (coincidentally the same date as my b-day).

I've been playing SG's for over 20 years. My favourite guitar. Have a Les Paul Studio for over 10. Bought a Tele Baja last year. All great guitars.

But nothing plays as well as my CE24. There's magic in that guitar. I can't put it down. It's just unreal. It's outstanding both in tone and feel. Jam nights haven't been the same since.

I play it through a Mark V 35 and it's just divine. Mostly classic rock-type stuff, but it's unbelievingly sweet and raunchy at the same time. Both the volume and the tone knobs are so sensitive, I have a ton of varieties of tone at hand.

My only complaint is that that the knobs themselves feel slightly cheap-ish (would prefer Tele-like knobs), and there needs to be some kind of grip for the pull-tone-knob - easy to slip when you're sweaty.

The thing about this guitar compared to all the others I have, and have played, is that I don't have to think about the mechanics of where I am on the fretboard. I can dive in and make music, rather than screw around with finger-placements.

Paul & co, regardless of expense, you have my undying gratitude. Please make a singlecut CE24. Ship it up here to Canada and I'll be the first in line.

Thanks.

Hello we l will be picking my PRS CE24 this week sunburst, l have owned a few guitars since 1962 so soon as l get my hands on it l will let you know

regards
Allan

Congratulations! We need to see pictures of the new toy though :)

The volume and tone knobs might feel "cheap" upon first use but they're actually super high quality to turn so easily without resistance. It really helps for volume swells and such.

Sounds like you're digging it! That's great.

I wish the pull-up knobs were easier to grip, too, though my tip is that it's easier to pull them up if you can get a fingertip under the bottom edge of the knob.

Yep, the trick is to get a fingertip under the edge of the knob and pry it up, rather than grab the knob and pull. You could certainly put a set of knurled metal knobs on there though, if that's your thing.

Seems like a lot of people are enjoying the CE lately. :cool:

Here's a pic for you folks. A bit grainy, phone-quality.

6PY44Np.jpg

btw, for the forum admins, I can't seem to link to photos under https.
Zi43EKV8vQ6Ayawg6
ePfoS3hSedZWizrKA

Back