New PRS Guitar Day! McCarty Narrowfield 10Top

HANGAR18

Who is John Galt?
New PRS Guitar Day! McCarty Narrowfield 10Top

So, this is what it’s like to be a rich guy! It seems that I am now the kind of guy who can call his personal guitar salesman from Guitar Center, meet up with him at a Starbucks, and sip coffee on a nice comfortable couch with a coffee table while he shows me high resolution photos of guitars on an iPad. I find one I like, pull out the plastic and BAM! I just bought a guitar from Guitar Center like a rich guy. Platinum Room - Schmattinum Room. I’ll never need to walk into another guitar center ever again. hahahaha

Good riddance! It seems at times like 90% of the people working there are dummies. The kind of dummies who will sell someone a brand new PRS guitar and then just go into the back and grab any old case, like the dummies who shipped me this guitar from a store on the other side of the country. Ate least I got a 25[SUP]th[/SUP] Anniversary case, but it’s for someone else’s guitar. Wrong modcat and serial number on the case. There’s also a ding by the tone pot but overall I can’t complain because I got this at the blowout clearance price, it has Narrowfield pickups and a 10Top. The guitar looks and sounds fantastic!!

McCartyNF10top_1736.jpg

McCartyNF10top_1738.jpg

McCartyNF10top_case.jpg

Great photos. I got one of these in January, in scarlet smoke burst. These are fantastic guitars.

Nice! Are those gold pole pieces, or is it just the lighting?

The guitar's got the 25th anniversary appointments, so you probably got the right kind of case, even if the MODCAT doesn't match the guitar.

Nice! Are those gold pole pieces, or is it just the lighting?

The guitar's got the 25th anniversary appointments, so you probably got the right kind of case, even if the MODCAT doesn't match the guitar.

Not sure about the pole pieces. maybe a little copper looking but I don't think they are gold.

Maybe all of us 25th Anniversary PRS guitar owners can use this forum to compare cases and swap them all around until we all have the right cases. hahahaha

Last edited:
Beautiful. I think that the McCarty is the absolute best platform for the NF3 pickups.

Back