New PRS For Me

Thanks everyone for the advice.
I have never played a DGT nor a Santana.
I read that the DGT is a very good valued guitar in general, considered very well on any website, while the Santana is an iconic guitar, but I think it is less versatile despite being an extraordinary guitar.
Santana does not have split coil and this is a very important feature in a PRS, also for having crystal clear sound with chorus and delay.
DGT is my rational choice, it must be a really good guitar (pity it doesn't have 24 frets).
Aesthetically, and a PRS is also purchased for this, I am more attracted to a 30th Anniversary Custom 24 or a Modern Eagle Quatro.
Speaking of Modern Eagle, from a collector point of view we all know that the ME1 is the most important, but is it really such a valid guitar also from the sound point of view?

..the Santana is an iconic guitar, but I think it is less versatile despite being an extraordinary guitar.
Santana does not have split coil and this is a very important feature in a PRS, also for having crystal clear sound with chorus and delay.

Santana’s/West Street LTD’s/KL33’s are more versatile guitars than people (who haven’t played them) give them credit for.

Yes, there are no splits/taps available from the factory, but that doesn’t mean you can’t add them.

Sure, those guitars will do Carlos’ rolled-back-tone-knob thing, but that’s not the only thing that that can do. I have used mine for punk, reggae, R&B, soul, funk, disco, metal, Latin, and many, many more styles. The guitar isn’t the only thing that makes a guitar “versatile”, the player is the bigger thing.

If you think back to the guitar that actually started it all for Paul, the one that got rockstars to buy guitars and recognize him as a talented builder...: it wasn’t no CU22 with an extra knob. ;)

Santana’s/West Street LTD’s/KL33’s are more versatile guitars than people (who haven’t played them) give them credit for.

Yes, there are no splits/taps available from the factory, but that doesn’t mean you can’t add them.

Sure, those guitars will do Carlos’ rolled-back-tone-knob thing, but that’s not the only thing that that can do. I have used mine for punk, reggae, R&B, soul, funk, disco, metal, Latin, and many, many more styles. The guitar isn’t the only thing that makes a guitar “versatile”, the player is the bigger thing.

If you think back to the guitar that actually started it all for Paul, the one that got rockstars to buy guitars and recognize him as a talented builder...: it wasn’t no CU22 with an extra knob. ;)

Right on !

Bingo!

Ok, but at this point I could also consider the Santana Retro, which I can find more easily, even new, and honestly I like it more from an aesthetic point of view.
What do you think about this Santana model in comparison with Santana I, II and West Street LTD?

Back