New PRS Book

alantig

Zombie Four, DFZ
Apparently published in October, but I just read about it in an e-mail from Guitar Player. Maybe it's just been updated. Either way, I'm probably going to pick it up.

http://www.amazon.com/Paul-Reed-Smith-Pocket-Guide/dp/1936120283

41jt0PPYnPL._SY300_.jpg

The new Paul Reed Smith Pocket Guide is the only book that includes all the company's electric guitars, bass guitars, acoustic guitars, and amplifiers with up-to-date values. Includes detailed information on all new and discontinued PRS guitars and amplifiers with accurate values based on condition.

This isn't a slant against the sellers... I can't help but wonder how accurate their data might be.

Was anyone here involved with the creation of that book? Even hear about it?

I'm looking forward to seeing it.

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;57228 said:
This isn't a slant against the sellers... I can't help but wonder how accurate their data might be.

Was anyone here involved with the creation of that book? Even hear about it?

I'm looking forward to seeing it.

I am highly suspicious. Printed price guides are pretty useless anyway. It will be out of date by the time it is printed.

I didn't realize it was just a price guide. I was hoping it would be a PRS book.

Not interested.

Should have qualified - I haven't actually seen the book. It sounds primarily like a price guide, but it also sounds like it has model info.

From Guitar Player:

Blue Book Publications is excited to announce its newest reference and value guide in an all-new convenient pocket-sized layout! Dedicated to only PRS guitars and amps, the Paul Reed Smith Pocket Guide contains detailed specifications for everything Paul Reed Smith as well as used values. Features:

• Contains every factory cataloged Paul Reed Smith electric guitar, acoustic guitar, bass and guitar amplifier produced since 1985
• Retail pricing for all currently produced guitars including the 100%/New price indicating what you should expect to pay for a new PRS
• Up to seven different used values for each model based on the overall condition of the guitar/amp
• All PRS serialization to accurately date a PRS instrument

All major series are included: the Standard Series, Custom Series, McCarty Series, Singlecut Series, and the Santana Series. It also covers the entry-level Korean-built SE Series up through the highly elaborate Dragon Series. Other bonuses include a lifetime chronology of Paul Reed Smith and an interview with the man himself.

The Paul Reed Smith Pocket Guide has an MSRP of $14.95 and is available through major bookstores, music stores, and directly through our website or by phone. This book is a must-have for any Paul Reed Smith enthusiast, collector, or dealer!

Back