New PRS Announcements

voidSurfr

Hey all, my first post!

I'm thinking of buying the McCarty 594 Singlecut in the coming months. I had my heart set on the Dark Cherry Sunburst but it appears they've sold out and won't be making more :( so, my questions are:

1) When does PRS typically announce new stuff?
Maybe January of every new year or NAMM, something else?

2) Are there any PRS employees serving as forum moderators that know which colors will be coming in 2023?
If you can share, great; if not, totally understandable.

This will inform the when of my buying decision.

Thanks in advance,
TT

Hi and welcome.

PRS announce product releases throughout the year at the moment. Pedals a couple of months ago. The SE DGT right now.

There are moderators that are PRS employees, but they would be unlikely (probably never) to share new product information, colours/models etc.

There are a lot of knowledgeable people that appear here on a daily basis. Any questions you have about current products will most likely be answered.

For info, I have just bought a core Santana as my second PRS. That guitar (the original, not mine) was made as an Artist model over 35 years ago and it still kicks @ss.

Happy hunting.

Welcome to the clan! I'm not really in the market for a new guitar since I've filled my aviary (prefer that over stable lol) quite nicely (and exhausted my funds and may take a bit to fill the coffers). However, I still find myself excited over any new announcements!
You can also search in Reverb then follow that search and you'll get an email if a used one pops up in there. That's how I found my 25th Anniversary Mira.

There may be another option but it will take longer to get the guitar. However, it will be the guitar you want. You may be able to contact a dealer and order it in the color you want since it is a color they currently offer. I did this with a Starla back in 2009. They offered it in a color that they had not actually made it in yet and I wanted that. I ordered it and that caused a very small run (I think 5 guitars) to be made in that color.

I’d be a little surprised if there wasn’t some kind of cherry burst option, it’s a pretty popular color. Unless you’re talking S2, which there tend to be fewer color options.

I’d be a little surprised if there wasn’t some kind of cherry burst option, it’s a pretty popular color. Unless you’re talking S2, which there tend to be fewer color options.
The S2 is nice but I've got my eye on the big boy. I hope you're right though; that color is hot.

Hey all, my first post!

I'm thinking of buying the McCarty 594 Singlecut in the coming months. I had my heart set on the Dark Cherry Sunburst but it appears they've sold out and won't be making more :(
Where did you hear that? I'd be quite surprised if they discontinued it, seems like such a classic color, especially for that model.

Hey all, my first post!

I'm thinking of buying the McCarty 594 Singlecut in the coming months. I had my heart set on the Dark Cherry Sunburst but it appears they've sold out and won't be making more :( so, my questions are:

1) When does PRS typically announce new stuff?
Maybe January of every new year or NAMM, something else?

2) Are there any PRS employees serving as forum moderators that know which colors will be coming in 2023?
If you can share, great; if not, totally understandable.

This will inform the when of my buying decision.

Thanks in advance,
TT
I can guarantee you the McCarty Single-Cut 594 is still very much on the menu and will not be discontinued. In fact I just placed an order for a bunch of them that won't be shipped till 2024..so if that's the guitar you're dreaming of..you can still get it!

Back