New Product Announcement? Any Speculations?

Who really cares what these pedals are called? If they sound good they sound good or bad. If Paul or whoever thought the name was funny, it's funny.

I personally don't see the point of getting into the pedal market as a player but as a business.. gimme the low hanging fruit!

Eventually the guitars we know as PRS will be no more. They already are to certain degree. That's not a knock but the progression of an industry. Look at the CE, S2, and SE line. PRS is no longer a place you can provide your wood and they create a PS. Nothing wrong with that, it's actually a good thing for a company.

Last edited:
I made the mistake of wandering over to TGP and checking the pedal threads (which I never do there!) to see what was being said. I should have known better. I’ll say what I said there…. The classless and vulgar names some amps and pedals have is legitimately “offensive” and I won’t buy them, or the other amps or pedals made by someone (company) who names their product that. This is quirky for sure. Maybe even weird. And some guys are OF COURSE trying to make it sexual, etc. So knowing full well my opinion means absolutely nothing, will say I don’t like the Horsemeat name. At all. But it is NOT offensive, like the ones I referenced above, and I would (probably will) try one. The other two, I have no issue with at all, as they are just quirky and can’t possibly be construed into something crude or vulgar.

My only other issue: I have been away from home on vacation this week and only hear a couple demos. Of those, the flanger was the most interesting and I immediately decided I want it first. Til I saw the price. I understand the price, but that is above my threshold for what I’ll spend on a pedal, and especially a “niche” thing like a flanger. An OD or Comp can either or both be ”always on” or at least heavily used pedals but a flanger is a “thing” and not something most people use all the time. So, unfortunately, the one that grabbed my attention the most is one I‘ll probably never get. I’ll listen to more demo’s when I get back home, but will probably try the OD first.

I learned yesterday that Cusack Music is the actual manufacturer of these pedals. Years ago, I ended up trading another pedal for a delay they made back when they were engraving the faces with their logo AND serial number. That's one that has never left the board.

I would like to imagine because of the two parties involved, these will turn out pretty alright.

I learned yesterday that Cusack Music is the actual manufacturer of these pedals. Years ago, I ended up trading another pedal for a delay they made back when they were engraving the faces with their logo AND serial number. That's one that has never left the board.

I would like to imagine because of the two parties involved, these will turn out pretty alright.
Cusack is a high quality builder. I had a few of his pedals for many years with never an issue……his trem and delay

OK, so yeah, I'm in...plus they're all top load, so easier to fit in a small footprint...Nano board, etc...
Sound pretty cool, and I love flange...

As previously chanted earlier: Alex... Alex... Alex...

Edit: Didn't Cusack take over for Mojo Hand, or some other good pedal builder???

I watched/listened to the release video by Paul, and then checked out one or two of Brian Ewald's demo vids.

I like them all! Horsemeat probably the most of all, it seems to have a sound I've not heard in my own rigs of pedals and amps. The dual flanger is cool (though in my opinion it sounds nothing like rotating Leslies in anything I have heard). The compressor intrigues me: I rarely use one unless I'm playing some Gilmouresque stuff on a single coil guitar, because they just don't seem to work with HBs in any way that I like. But I could hear in the demos what it was doing, and I want that.

But I will not buy any of them.

Yet.

Birthday and Christmas in the near term, and my wife likes to buy me something like this, so I will wait. Otherwise I'd have at least one of the two available now already on the way or here, and the third probably on pre-order.

Eventually I'll probably get all three.

The pricing is better than I feared.

Ha! They’re right in my backyard, didn’t realize they were making these.

Actually, there are a few builders I really should check out more right in the area where I am - Cusack, for one, plus Heritage in the old Gibson Kalamazoo factory, and I recently discovered I can practically see the the building Throbak pickups is in from where I work.

The problem with the latter two is I just like my PRS stuff too darn much.

I thought I understood that the Dual Flanger wouldn't be available right away? I see it "in stock" at several retailers on Reverb. I guess there are a bunch available after all.

Or did I misunderstand the availability of all three?

Back