New Product Announcement? Any Speculations?

It is currently on track for the eyewall to go directly over my house. o_O

But as a weakening Cat 1 or maybe strong TS. So I guess we should be OK.

A few days ago I was concerned for the stretch north of Tampa (Cedar Key etc), thinking we'd just get some rain and a few gusts, but now it's headed my way! (And the folks in Ft Myers / Punta Gorda area are gotta get thwacked.)

As for new model announcements, I can't afford anything since I'm still awaiting my WL ME V, but a SH DGT would tick a whole lotta boxes for me. Always wanted a DGT, but I really like SH guitars for the weight.

A HB 594 with Piezo would also be the bee's knees.
Good luck! I hope you're completely safe and have no troubles.

Sending mojo your way - stay safe, my friend!
Good luck! I hope you're completely safe and have no troubles.

Thanks guys! It will be a bit tense until it is all over, because you just never know with hurricanes (and the tornadoes they spawn!).

But in theory, I've done the appropriate amount of prep. Even had the palms in the yard trimmed earlier this week by chance - already scheduled weeks ago.

Irma was not pleasant, but everything withstood it ok. Ian, in theory, should be less intense.

Now I'm gonna go play some guitar to relax!

It is currently on track for the eyewall to go directly over my house. o_O

But as a weakening Cat 1 or maybe strong TS. So I guess we should be OK.

A few days ago I was concerned for the stretch north of Tampa (Cedar Key etc), thinking we'd just get some rain and a few gusts, but now it's headed my way! (And the folks in Ft Myers / Punta Gorda area are gotta get thwacked.)

As for new model announcements, I can't afford anything since I'm still awaiting my WL ME V, but a SH DGT would tick a whole lotta boxes for me. Always wanted a DGT, but I really like SH guitars for the weight.

A HB 594 with Piezo would also be the bee's knees.
Hunker down and stay safe

Now that I have thought about it a an S2 acoustic line would be awesome
The way they keep the electric S2 line less expensive is by using import parts, and a simplified US-manufactured body.

Using import electronics I suppose could help a bit. Same ones in the SE line.

Not sure how they could make an acoustic body in the US significantly less expensively than a core, a line that they dropped for the PS-only approach. Using laminates would help, maybe, but I don't see them being able to beat the US-made Taylor price point, though that is about where the MAP New price is for S2 electrics...

Hmm, maybe it is possible, perhaps at about 10% to 20% higher than the current most-expensive S2. I might grab one as a gigging instrument, since there is no way I'm taking my Core Angelus to a pub/bar gig.

The way they keep the electric S2 line less expensive is by using import parts, and a simplified US-manufactured body.

Using import electronics I suppose could help a bit. Same ones in the SE line.

Not sure how they could make an acoustic body in the US significantly less expensively than a core, a line that they dropped for the PS-only approach. Using laminates would help, maybe, but I don't see them being able to beat the US-made Taylor price point, though that is about where the MAP New price is for S2 electrics...

Hmm, maybe it is possible, perhaps at about 10% to 20% higher than the current most-expensive S2. I might grab one as a gigging instrument, since there is no way I'm taking my Core Angelus to a pub/bar gig.
You bring up excellent points just feeling hopeful haha.

Was there a time? I'm going to be traveling Thursday (generally towards the hurricane - my wife and daughter are going to a beach wedding in NC).

Says 2:00PM, but doesn't specify a time zone. If YouTube's algorithm automatically figures my time zone, it'd be Central Time.
Facebook announcement says 3 PM EST

I want an Alex Lifeson SC-594 with a Floyd/Piezo. What the heck Paul? It's about time since his contract with Gibson must be over. I had 2 of those guitars, and they were both early models and the electonics buzzed. There were rumors that they had issues from cheaping out on the ots or electronics, early on.

Alex! Alex! Alex!

Philip McKnight has some PRS info on upcoming stuff, wouldn’t be surprised if he had a video out soon on whatever this is. He said the SE DGT isn’t til next year.

I also doubt it’s pedals. But I don’t know what it could be!

Somewhat related: seems like everyone has the SE Parlor acoustics on closeout!

Back