New Product Announcement? Any Speculations?

Been rumors of an SE DGT in the works... would be epic!

I love the direction they are heading with the SE's. This would be great. Adding the signature versions of the pricier stuff to the SE line will only grab more players from that demographic (from a marketing/sales standpoint) and it will let guys like me who aren't quite financially ready/able to make that jump to the CE/Core stuff get in on that action!

I'm calling it for a semi hollow DGT.

Why? Grissom posted a new one to his Instagram only a week ago.

And there have been photos over the past year of at least 1-2 others on various interviews and Saxon gigs.

I think it's showtime.
He has been playing a semi hollow PS at the Saxon on and off for a few years so I would not be surprised. I would say that the last couple of times i saw him there he had it with him (granted it has been a while and I need to rectify this)

I love the direction they are heading with the SE's. This would be great. Adding the signature versions of the pricier stuff to the SE line will only grab more players from that demographic (from a marketing/sales standpoint) and it will let guys like me who aren't quite financially ready/able to make that jump to the CE/Core stuff get in on that action!
If I were wanting to attract a new (younger) generation of player to the PRS brand, I wouldn't do that with a Grissom SE model. While us old farts might appreciate it, it's not the hook that going to snag these players away from Ibanez, Fender, etc. But what do I know...? ;)

I’m all for pedals, SE and SH DGT’s…

But I’m hoping for a USA built, 2 channel amp with some gigging flexibility, and the might MT100.

Hate to be the one-upping type… but I’m sitting in a resort at Disney World right now. Ouch.
Oof! It always rains when I go on vacation, but at least it’s never been a hurricane.

If I were wanting to attract a new (younger) generation of player to the PRS brand, I wouldn't do that with a Grissom SE model. While us old farts might appreciate it, it's not the hook that going to snag these players away from Ibanez, Fender, etc. But what do I know...? ;)
Oh I get it, as far as signature guitars go, Grissom might not be the best ambassador for a brand. To be honest with you, I only know of him because of his PRS model, and I couldn't name anything he's done. But, if his guitar fills a niche for imports in the market, then it will find its place in the market.

As far as the other names they would try to pull customers from, I was one of them. I was playing primarily LTD guitars, went down the Fender road too, but more recently started playing Gretsch stuff. I play everything from metal to CCM worship, and my SE covers all of those bases more so than the other brands. And it was seeing John Mayer playing with Dead & Co this summer that made me rethink PRS, but it wasn't his Silver Sky, it was that Super Eagle I think he was playing.

I guess my point is, a signature model/brand ambassador can do a lot for a brand, and having more signature models in the import SE line will help bolster the idea that PRS can cover so much ground, more so than other brands, whether the signature model is niche to the brand or not, it might open someones eyes to possibilities of a brand they might have often overlooked.

Also thinking....

With the massive success of the Special Semi Hollow...I'm surprised that hasn't made it's way to the SE line. A Hum-NF (or single-coil)-Hum in the SE line would be something very new for that product line-up.

Also thinking....

With the massive success of the Special Semi Hollow...I'm surprised that hasn't made it's way to the SE line. A Hum-NF (or single-coil)-Hum in the SE line would be something very new for that product line-up.
I wonder if they'd want to leave those types of models unique to the higher end models, as if to have something for people to work up to? Personally, I'd love to see more model variations in the SE line like this, anything PRS beyond that (besides maybe a used S2) is out of my budget. So any growth in the SE line is fine by me!

I wonder if they'd want to leave those types of models unique to the higher end models, as if to have something for people to work up to...

Yeah, that's kind of what I thought about the Hollowbody II...that those models were essentially "reserved" for the Core line. I never would've thought that it would make it to the SE line, but PRS made it happen.

I agree, seeing more of their "flagship" core models making it to the SE line is pretty exciting.

I'm also still hoping for something "new" in the core-line too, though.

Circling back to the SE HB, I really wish they'd bring more colors to that model. Just two colors kinda leaves more to be desired. I have a brother who's super interested in that model, but hasn't found one he likes enough visually partly because of the limited color selection.

Yeah, that's kind of what I thought about the Hollowbody II...that those models were essentially "reserved" for the Core line. I never would've thought that it would make it to the SE line, but PRS made it happen.

I agree, seeing more of their "flagship" core models making it to the SE line is pretty exciting.

I'm also still hoping for something "new" in the core-line too, though.

Circling back to the SE HB, I really wish they'd bring more colors to that model. Just two colors kinda leaves more to be desired. I have a brother who's super interested in that model, but hasn't found one he likes enough visually partly because of the limited color selection.
Good point! From what it seems like in terms of them promoting the SE line and its dedicated Cor-Tek factory, I wouldn't be surprised to see them show the industry just what they can do at the SE price point in terms of options and quality.

Looks like it's supposed to bend inland, so avoiding where we'll be. We'll see. At least we won't be getting the brunt of it.

Stay safe, my FLA brethren (and sistern)!
It is currently on track for the eyewall to go directly over my house. o_O

But as a weakening Cat 1 or maybe strong TS. So I guess we should be OK.

A few days ago I was concerned for the stretch north of Tampa (Cedar Key etc), thinking we'd just get some rain and a few gusts, but now it's headed my way! (And the folks in Ft Myers / Punta Gorda area are gotta get thwacked.)

As for new model announcements, I can't afford anything since I'm still awaiting my WL ME V, but a SH DGT would tick a whole lotta boxes for me. Always wanted a DGT, but I really like SH guitars for the weight.

A HB 594 with Piezo would also be the bee's knees.

Back