New Private Stock 6-string arrived...

Dave Weiner

Hi folks.

First time posting here, but as you're all PRS enthusiasts, I thought you may enjoy this. Last April, about a month before I headed out on the Vai Passion & Warfare world tour, I spec'd out two new PRSs with Rich. We did one 6-string and one 7-string. The 6-string arrived last week. It's basically a Custom 22 (but with moved controls), Maple over Ash, Cocobolo neck and board and 58/15LT pickups. Color is like a Lemon Burst (not sure what the technical PRS name for it is, will have to ask) with a "spanked ass" (red back.) Here are some pics:

IMG_0916.jpg

IMG_0917.jpg

IMG_0920.jpg

IMG_0921.jpg

IMG_0918.jpg

IMG_0919.jpg

IMG_0922.jpg

IMG_0923.jpg

IMG_0924.jpg

IMG_0925.jpg

IMG_0926.jpg

IMG_0927.jpg

IMG_0928.jpg

Sonically, it's magic. Extremely well balanced with a beautiful, vintage voice that just sings. Here's the live unboxing I did on FB:

I'll be doing another live event and will post pic share when the 7 shows up. I look forward to being a part of this PRS community as much as time allows. Any questions, feel free to ask.

Happy strumming,
Dave

Now THIS is what the back of a Private Stock Guitar should look like...NO cheap black plastic covers, Hurrah~!!!

Thanks for sharing pictures of this beauty.

The video is great~!

Last edited:
Dave, that is unbelievably badass!! I noticed from your vids that you've gone PRS-crazy.

How good are the 58/15LT pickups for Vai stuff?

Do you tend to get ash bodies, or is this something unusual for you?

GREAT to have you here, Dave. Thanks so much for sharing! I imagine this will get LOTS of use..... Enjoy it!

Kevin

Dave! Huge fan! Welcome to the forums. Insane looking guitar, congrats! Looking forward to the seven.

Gorgeous top on that one, Dave - but won't you get in trouble with that drum company over the truss rod cover? :eek:

Anxious to see the 7-string - you were one of the key inspirations for me to pick up a 7. And a couple Spider capos. Only problem is you kept all the talent for yourself!

Welcome Dave! Really cool to have you here.

That one is beautiful! Man... Who do you have to know to get your initials on the truss rod cover like that? :D

Back