New Private Stock 6-string arrived...

Dave is doing some live lessons on his Guitopia Facebook page this week at 10pm EST with this guitar and it sounds amazing. Check it out!

Thanks for the mention, I forgot to post about the live events here. I'm not sure if I can do tonight, but I'll post if I do and if not, when the next one will be. Thanks! These are being help on the Guitopia FB page = http://facebook.com/guitopia

Thanks for the mention, I forgot to post about the live events here. I'm not sure if I can do tonight, but I'll post if I do and if not, when the next one will be. Thanks! These are being help on the Guitopia FB page = http://facebook.com/guitopia

No problem! Thanks for doing these. I have watched the last 2 nights and it has been fun! BEER BREAK!

Hi folks.

First time posting here, but as you're all PRS enthusiasts, I thought you may enjoy this. Last April, about a month before I headed out on the Vai Passion & Warfare world tour, I spec'd out two new PRSs with Rich. We did one 6-string and one 7-string. The 6-string arrived last week. It's basically a Custom 22 (but with moved controls), Maple over Ash, Cocobolo neck and board and 58/15LT pickups. Color is like a Lemon Burst (not sure what the technical PRS name for it is, will have to ask) with a "spanked ass" (red back.) Here are some pics:

IMG_0916.jpg

IMG_0917.jpg

IMG_0920.jpg

IMG_0921.jpg

IMG_0918.jpg

IMG_0919.jpg

IMG_0922.jpg

IMG_0923.jpg

IMG_0924.jpg

IMG_0925.jpg

IMG_0926.jpg

IMG_0927.jpg

IMG_0928.jpg

Sonically, it's magic. Extremely well balanced with a beautiful, vintage voice that just sings. Here's the live unboxing I did on FB:

I'll be doing another live event and will post pic share when the 7 shows up. I look forward to being a part of this PRS community as much as time allows. Any questions, feel free to ask.

Happy strumming,
Dave

Thanks so much Dave. I ordered my Private Stock last July and it arrived Saturday. It's incredible. Like yours except 85/15's.
I play thru a ValveTrain tube 20 watt amp
and play classic rock and blues.
Have room for 5 pedals on my Nano and would appreciate your opinion on "must have" pedals if only five.
Thanks again.

Thanks so much Dave. I ordered my Private Stock last July and it arrived Saturday. It's incredible. Like yours except 85/15's.
I play thru a ValveTrain tube 20 watt amp
and play classic rock and blues.
Have room for 5 pedals on my Nano and would appreciate your opinion on "must have" pedals if only five.
Thanks again.

Are we talking 5 nano pedals or standard sized?

Hey my fellow PRS brethren, join me live tonight, 10pm EST on the Guitopia FB page (http://facebook.com/guitopia) for another "Guitopia LIVE" session! Grab your favorite axe, kick back with your favorite beer for the "beer breaks" and get ready to finally learn the CORRECT way to build proper picking mechanics! Follow/like the Guitopia FB page for notifications. See you then!

Are we talking 5 nano pedals or standard sized?
Trying to keep it simple, so one small Nano. In this order I run an MXR, new Boss reverb, Wampler Tumnus, old killer Boss Distortion overdrive and my tuner. Only room for 5 pedals, but could squeeze one more in if you have any recommendations. I'm age 60 and play classic rock and blues. Play mostly at home but gig out with two different bands about once a quarter. LOVE IT and will play til God takes me home. Would also love your opinion on the 85/15's on my new Private Stock. Not nearly as hot as the HFS on my old Custom 24 so trying to get used to them. Not nearly as hot but sound good so far. Your opinion of those. Thanks a ton for responding man. Love following your posts. Appreciate your help.

Trying to keep it simple, so one small Nano. In this order I run an MXR, new Boss reverb, Wampler Tumnus, old killer Boss Distortion overdrive and my tuner. Only room for 5 pedals, but could squeeze one more in if you have any recommendations. I'm age 60 and play classic rock and blues. Play mostly at home but gig out with two different bands about once a quarter. LOVE IT and will play til God takes me home. Would also love your opinion on the 85/15's on my new Private Stock. Not nearly as hot as the HFS on my old Custom 24 so trying to get used to them. Not nearly as hot but sound good so far. Your opinion of those. Thanks a ton for responding man. Love following your posts. Appreciate your help.

But are you looking for standard-sized pedals or nano-sized pedals for this "nano" board?

Hey my fellow PRS brethren, join me live tonight, 10pm EST on the Guitopia FB page (http://facebook.com/guitopia) for another "Guitopia LIVE" session! Grab your favorite axe, kick back with your favorite beer for the "beer breaks" and get ready to finally learn the CORRECT way to build proper picking mechanics! Follow/like the Guitopia FB page for notifications. See you then!
Damn. One of the few times I wish I were on FB.

Dave!

Do you play hollow bodies or semi-hollows Live, or are most of your live guitars a Solid-Body??

Love your playing!!

Back