New Private Stock 6-string arrived...

I love riff of the week!!

Just FYI, Riff of the Week is long gone. I rebranded to Guitopia.com in '15. It's WAY better. I still, without fail, produce a new lesson and jamtrack every week, plus a ton more (full guitar course, Bootcamp, Woodshed, Resource Center, etc). We're working on v2.0 of the site now to be released later this year. Check it out and if you have any questions, let me know. Maybe I can cook up a coupon for PRS forum members.

Oh, unholy carp...I need to go back and look through your videos and hear that bad boy. So what pickups are they? 7-string versions of the 513 pickups? I thought all 7-string private stock pickups had to be 3rd party...shows what i know...dang, now you have me wondering if they will will wind a 7-string version of the 58/15LT pickup for my eventual private stock build...(I already have the neck pickup determined -- my favourite, the Benedetto B-7).

Those guitars both have Dimarzio PAF7s in them. The new 7 is going to have Dimarzio Blaze 7s if I remember correctly.

As for Ash, it's my fav wood so most of the customs I've done with PRS are ash. I find it has a lot of character and works better (for me) on clean and gain versus mahogany which (again, to my ears) works for many things, but not the kind of clean I like.

Thanks so much for the response! I agree about the ash. I have a Tom Anderson Mongrel that is maple on ash and it has tons of presence. Never thought to get a PRS made like that...

Enjoy. And keep up the Guitopia - great stuff.

Hi folks.

First time posting here, but as you're all PRS enthusiasts, I thought you may enjoy this. Last April, about a month before I headed out on the Vai Passion & Warfare world tour, I spec'd out two new PRSs with Rich. We did one 6-string and one 7-string. The 6-string arrived last week. It's basically a Custom 22 (but with moved controls), Maple over Ash, Cocobolo neck and board and 58/15LT pickups. Color is like a Lemon Burst (not sure what the technical PRS name for it is, will have to ask) with a "spanked ass" (red back.) Here are some pics:

IMG_0916.jpg

IMG_0917.jpg

IMG_0920.jpg

IMG_0921.jpg

IMG_0918.jpg

IMG_0919.jpg

IMG_0922.jpg

IMG_0923.jpg

IMG_0924.jpg

IMG_0925.jpg

IMG_0926.jpg

IMG_0927.jpg

IMG_0928.jpg

Sonically, it's magic. Extremely well balanced with a beautiful, vintage voice that just sings. Here's the live unboxing I did on FB:

I'll be doing another live event and will post pic share when the 7 shows up. I look forward to being a part of this PRS community as much as time allows. Any questions, feel free to ask.

Happy strumming,
Dave

I noticed you like that nice thick back. Something we have in common.

I have seen you a couple times and numerous online things - a fan. Just watched the whole video, great stuff, great playing and I felt the JOY in the new axe!

I would be very interested in your approach to, and settings for your timeline. Are you using NIXIE yet with it? If not you should it makes it even better!!!

I have seen you a couple times and numerous online things - a fan. Just watched the whole video, great stuff, great playing and I felt the JOY in the new axe!

I would be very interested in your approach to, and settings for your timeline. Are you using NIXIE yet with it? If not you should it makes it even better!!!

I am currently just using the Timeline for a subtle delay for general purposes. When I gig it, I'll program specific delays/tempos for each tune. I'm not using Nixie yet but certainly will.

Looking at this stunning guitar again, it looks to have a much thicker body than a custom 22...

Back