New Pet Snake

danktat

Award winning tattoo artist ... Amateur guitarist
Just when I thought I was out of the hobby, I get sucked back in. I sold a pretty large snake to someone about a year or so ago. Well, he bred her and got a litter from her.......and then asked me if I wanted one of them.....FOR FREE. Dang it! I was finally snake free since I was 11 year old, and now, I am back owning snakes. BUT, he IS kind of cute though :D

65386441_10161915211910331_2112835777455980544_n.jpg

EDIT: This was the female that I sold a while back.....so this is this little guy's mom

155999_10156660190315331_7276267266620969668_n.jpg

Last edited:
I edited the original post to include his mom (that I no longer own)

I first thought that was another Wild West Snake PS model!

That’s some momma!

I first thought that was another Wild West Snake PS model!

That’s some momma!

+1

I was about to congratulate you on another guitar purchase.

He’s a cute little fellow. Congratulations.

Just thinking you should have put the thread to title under “Greatest Hitsssssssss”

Cute little fella! I used to be in the snakes-as-pets hobby years ago. Probably wouldn't do it again, but that's a cutie!

WnwVZt3.jpg

Reptile, Shmeptile, I'm just blown away that he has an Iron.
Do people still iron clothes? Last time I saw that it was the early 90's.

.... :p
Yeah man. Sometimes (ok, maybe often) clothes don't make it out of the dryer. So they may need a quick hit before I put them on after sitting for several days balled up.

I'm a little leery of having a pet that has the ability to kill me while I sleep! :eek:

All kidding aside, that's a beautiful snake. I assume they remain friendly as long as they are handled frequently?

I'm a little leery of having a pet that has the ability to kill me while I sleep! :eek:

All kidding aside, that's a beautiful snake. I assume they remain friendly as long as they are handled frequently?

Typically, yes. There are always a few who just have a nasty disposition. And, when they are this young they can be defensive (and rightfully so considering that they would be prey to just about any animal in the wild). But they are typically pretty easy to work and get them to settle down nicely. I have been raising and breeding snakes since I was 11. I have been bitten or scratched to the point of drawing blood far more often by cats, dogs, and even the rats and rabbits that were fed to the snakes than the actual snakes themselves.

BTW - You NEED one of these

View attachment 7382

Yeah, just tell Paul to sponsor me one and I'll get right on that.....lol.....otherwise, my pockets aren't Dr/Lawyer deep ;)

Back