Reo Clayton

Just finished testing a new board I put together. I need to tidy up a bit underneath the board and secure the power supply a little better. Used some Boss solderless cables for the first time. They went together easy and didn’t have any signal issues. The board sounds good and is a lot of fun!

PFPPX3A.jpg

Have heard of the Iridium...how do you utilize this? Tidy board. Noted that you've stacked your overdrives; how's that working out for you?

I use the Iridium as a headphone practice amp or run it into my audio interface for recording. Picked it up at the beginning of the “great pause” and I use it more than my Vox AC15 now. If you love the sound of a tube amp the Iridium can’t compare, but it really does sound great. I love the punch (Marshall) amp setting.

I love stacking the dirt, and the way I have it set up currently is pretty versatile. I like putting the higher gain pedals first in the chain and using medium to light gain after. The exception on this setup is that I have the Compadre first in line because of the compressor side of the pedal, but this pedal also has a clean/dirty boost side, so when I kick it on there is much more saturation on the drive. I can dial it down to taste or use the volume knob on the guitar.

Nice! How do you like the Grissom?
The Grissom overdrive is...killer! It has a unique gain characteristic to it and keeps the low end tight. The most common comment on this pedal is that it makes notes “bloom.” I’m not savvy enough to distinguish this, but the pedal makes the slop I play sound better. I really dig it.

The Grissom overdrive is...killer! It has a unique gain characteristic to it and keeps the low end tight. The most common comment on this pedal is that it makes notes “bloom.” I’m not savvy enough to distinguish this, but the pedal makes the slop I play sound better. I really dig it.
Sweet! Thanks for the description.

Nice...Hope you enjoy it!!! I know I do love mine.

Thank you. I watched some videos and it looks great.

I’m very critical of pedals if they color my tone in a way I don’t like. I don’t need them to be transparent, I just need them to put a smile on my face.

I recently bought an overdrive pedal at 40% off. Even at the savings, I had to return it the following day. It was a tube screamer clone dressed up to look vintage steampunk. I liked how it looked, but when it was engaged my scalp felt too tight for my skull. When I turned the pedal off, my scalp retuned to normal. This is the most egregious example of a pedal not working for me.

Thank you. I watched some videos and it looks great.

I’m very critical of pedals if they color my tone in a way I don’t like. I don’t need them to be transparent, I just need them to put a smile on my face.

I recently bought an overdrive pedal at 40% off. Even at the savings, I had to return it the following day. It was a tube screamer clone dressed up to look vintage steampunk. I liked how it looked, but when it was engaged my scalp felt too tight for my skull. When I turned the pedal off, my scalp retuned to normal. This is the most egregious example of a pedal not working for me.

No doubt...great description...:eek::eek::D...I've become a pedal snob...the 2 Jetters I have kick butt. For my ear, a good OD/fuzz into a warm delay take me back to my youth...Love that combination.

Same here, and if it makes me happy it doesn't matter whether it's "Botique" or a "five and dime special".
If it sounds good with my rig and my so called playing I will run with it.

Back