New Pedalboard aka Nebulon B progress build

I use the H9 Bluetooth app on my phone or computer to change patches. It'll do two H9s at one time.

However, I don't have to change patches on the fly, as I would if I gigged.

The app does it fast enough for studio work, but the pedals can be programmed with patches in the order of a set list, or just with favorite presets, and it'll cycle through them quickly. I haven't bothered with that, I just pick stuff with the app.
Makes sense :)

We Gotta Stay True To Who We Are Right? I Am Far More Comfortable With Less To Mess With And Don't See That Ever Changing.
I can't handle having more than a handful of guitars; I get paralysis by analysis about which one to use on a project, and limiting my choices works best.

Example: I had a 594 with humbuckers and my McCarty Singlecut at the same time. They sounded enough alike that deciding which one to use became an exercise in hair-splitting. I wound up selling the 594 (I still have a 594 Soapbar because it has a different vibe). Having both became a distraction.

Amps and pedals are easier because the ones I have sound very different from each other, so I can make those choices quickly.

I only have two guitars, the Custom 24 35th Anniversary and the modified Standard 24. They are close to each other, but I use them for different tunings. I have very little urge to gain more guitars, the same reason you have @László. I still have one spot on my guitar stand; it gives me a sore eye, so I know it's just a question of time.

I need to rant a bit. I drove the town looking for 19mm cable tie bases without the adhesive foam. This is the hardest part to source so far. I tried a few online sources, and they always come with this low-quality, melting crap. I have some stock of bases with no adhesive from a previous build, but I don't know if it will be enough. If I only remember where I got them from...

I still have one spot on my guitar stand; it gives me a sore eye, so I know it's just a question of time.
I can so completely relate.

When I went from tons of rack gear to working "in the box" I had a lot of empty rack spaces that drove me bonkers. I gave three large 20 space racks away, but I still have two smaller ones that have empty space. I bought blank panels so I wouldn't have to look at all the emptiness.

Show me an empty space for gear, and I want to fill it. Must be some kind of OCD thing in my case.

I can so completely relate.

When I went from tons of rack gear to working "in the box" I had a lot of empty rack spaces that drove me bonkers. I gave three large 20 space racks away, but I still have two smaller ones that have empty space. I bought blank panels so I wouldn't have to look at all the emptiness.

Show me an empty space for gear, and I want to fill it. Must be some kind of OCD thing in my case.

I'm really trying not to think about it too much ;) When I get the third guitar, it won't be rushed :)

I don't know if these suit your purpose, but I found cable tie bases without adhesive.

That would be perfect, but it's for quotation only. I believe it's for dealers only, not for the general public. But thank you for having a look around

Alright, I have the UPS notification; Array will be here tomorrow. I hope they will deliver before I leave to work at 1300. There was a little problem delaying my build; some elements of my order had not been addressed initially, but Martyn took good care of me, and eventually, the board was done precisely how I wanted.

In the past few days, I was panic-buying lots of little bits and pieces and did last-minute pedal changes, but as far as I'm concerned, I'm ready to start wiring things out. Things may stretch out as some bits I could not buy in the UK will be leaving the States next week. But the next update will likely be the building update.

Alright, I have the UPS notification; Array will be here tomorrow. I hope they will deliver before I leave to work at 1300. There was a little problem delaying my build; some elements of my order had not been addressed initially, but Martyn took good care of me, and eventually, the board was done precisely how I wanted.

In the past few days, I was panic-buying lots of little bits and pieces and did last-minute pedal changes, but as far as I'm concerned, I'm ready to start wiring things out. Things may stretch out as some bits I could not buy in the UK will be leaving the States next week. But the next update will likely be the building update.
I can't wait to see this build! I figure I'll learn how to do this board thing correctly. :)

I can't wait to see this build! I figure I'll learn how to do this board thing correctly. :)
The board arrived just minutes before I left to work. I only had a quick look, but I'm blown away by the quality. I was surprised by how light it is too. I will be playing the pedal tetris for the next couple of days, and I may start doing some work over the weekend. Most of the stuff will have to wait until the rest of my parts arrive. All should be done in about two weeks, depending on how busy with my actual job I will be. I won't be rushing, though. It will be quite a complex board for the size, and I would rather not blow it.

I was thinking of doing some sort of YT progress report, but I suck at these things. I'll see if I can find my go pro, so I may at least do a time-lapse

The board arrived just minutes before I left to work. I only had a quick look, but I'm blown away by the quality. I was surprised by how light it is too. I will be playing the pedal tetris for the next couple of days, and I may start doing some work over the weekend. Most of the stuff will have to wait until the rest of my parts arrive. All should be done in about two weeks, depending on how busy with my actual job I will be. I won't be rushing, though. It will be quite a complex board for the size, and I would rather not blow it.

I was thinking of doing some sort of YT progress report, but I suck at these things. I'll see if I can find my go pro, so I may at least do a time-lapse
Pics would work just fine, too.

I'm on a run of shifts at work, so I won't have much time to play with it, but I did the first fit and instantly understood; I have a problem.

No matter how much planning I will do ahead, without having things in front of me, I will never be too sure I will pull things the way I want.

The first issue I have, so far the most annoying, is that I won't be able to fit both the DC7 power supply and the extender. I was hoping to be able to place the 8 Expander under the EXP pedal deck. Infortunetally, the space between the deck and the bottom of the pedalboard is less than the total thickness of the Expander. There is no way I can place it in a different location; it's always in the way. The good news is; I have a plan B, bad news; is I need to spend money, which I was hoping not to. The alternative solution is also unavailable currently as the maker has a backlog. It may delay the build a month, even two. Plan C is to share power, which I just refuse to do.

Since the deck is lower than I thought, I won't be able to use the GigRig looper jacks I wanted to use. They are in the way. I will be using angled jacks, bot sure I have enough of them, so again, more money for a burner...

A further issue was insufficient space for the pedals in the internal part of the Array. This s no longer an issue. I have removed the upper deck support bar, which gives me enough space for all I need. I have left one block to support the upper deck to the right side; it says on, but I may need to find a way to add further support to keep it in place.

So far, the pedal Tetris works to my advantage. The MIDI controller and last pedal (Q-zone replacing Polyphonic MXR) will arrive in a week or two.

That is all for now

I'm on a run of shifts at work, so I won't have much time to play with it, but I did the first fit and instantly understood; I have a problem.

No matter how much planning I will do ahead, without having things in front of me, I will never be too sure I will pull things the way I want.

The first issue I have, so far the most annoying, is that I won't be able to fit both the DC7 power supply and the extender. I was hoping to be able to place the 8 Expander under the EXP pedal deck. Infortunetally, the space between the deck and the bottom of the pedalboard is less than the total thickness of the Expander. There is no way I can place it in a different location; it's always in the way. The good news is; I have a plan B, bad news; is I need to spend money, which I was hoping not to. The alternative solution is also unavailable currently as the maker has a backlog. It may delay the build a month, even two. Plan C is to share power, which I just refuse to do.

Since the deck is lower than I thought, I won't be able to use the GigRig looper jacks I wanted to use. They are in the way. I will be using angled jacks, bot sure I have enough of them, so again, more money for a burner...

A further issue was insufficient space for the pedals in the internal part of the Array. This s no longer an issue. I have removed the upper deck support bar, which gives me enough space for all I need. I have left one block to support the upper deck to the right side; it says on, but I may need to find a way to add further support to keep it in place.

So far, the pedal Tetris works to my advantage. The MIDI controller and last pedal (Q-zone replacing Polyphonic MXR) will arrive in a week or two.

That is all for now

I had a feeling that the power supply might pose a bit of a challenge, given how close the lower shelf is to the bottom.

Still, it seems that the board will work well once you explore other options for the things causing issues. It sure looks the business.

Back