• The PRS Forum will be shut down for a large portion of the day on Wednseday Feb 28th while we perform some maintenance.

New Pedalboard aka Nebulon B progress build

The new upper deck arrived earlier today, and I started making the changes. The HJT Klon should be here in about a week, some more small pieces will come in the upcoming days, but the work will stall very soon as I just can't source the MIDI cables I need here in the UK. There is what I need in The States, but I need to wait a couple of months before my friend is back from travelling.

The new upper deck photo

The new upper deck arrived earlier today, and I started making the changes. The HJT Klon should be here in about a week, some more small pieces will come in the upcoming days, but the work will stall very soon as I just can't source the MIDI cables I need here in the UK. There is what I need in The States, but I need to wait a couple of months before my friend is back from travelling.

The new upper deck photo

It's gonna be a really great board once you have it finished. Hell, it's already great.

It's wonderful that Schmidt can accommodate your changes. That's one really nice thing about getting a board from them. So many options! :)

It's gonna be a really great board once you have it finished. Hell, it's already great.

It's wonderful that Schmidt can accommodate your changes. That's one really nice thing about getting a board from them. So many options! :)
Yeah, no complaints here. The new upper deck cost me £100 shipped, which is less than I expected. I have asked Martyn for a new handle, and some other accessories to make the lower deck more stable, and that came my way free of charge.

I really like the new, larger deck. It makes the board look more uniform

Yeah, no complaints here. The new upper deck cost me £100 shipped, which is less than I expected. I have asked Martyn for a new handle, and some other accessories to make the lower deck more stable, and that came my way free of charge.

I really like the new, larger deck. It makes the board look more uniform
I liked dealing with Martyn. Super nice person.

I've mentioned I'd like to get another one about the size of yours for those times when I want to add a few other options. The only problem is, I don't currently have enough options I'd really use to fill it, and I know all I'd do is buy a bunch of stuff I don't need to fill it up. But if I go smaller, I'll course run out of room.

'Tis a puzzlement.

"It ain't about need."

"It might be, just this one time." ;)

I liked dealing with Martyn. Super nice person.

I've mentioned I'd like to get another one about the size of yours for those times when I want to add a few other options. The only problem is, I don't currently have enough options I'd really use to fill it, and I know all I'd do is buy a bunch of stuff I don't need to fill it up. But if I go smaller, I'll course run out of room.

'Tis a puzzlement.

"It ain't about need."

"It might be, just this one time." ;)

One thing I'm sure about is; that I won't get bigger. I said this before - I could easily fit all I use daily on an SA250, which is almost half the size of the SA450 I use right now. The delays on H90 are spectacular, so I have little need for Volante. Boom, half the upper deck is free. But the Volante has some advantages, and I can't see myself giving it up. I rarely use Nordland. It's the best OD pedal I have ever owned, but I use it so little. The Klon is getting the spot only because I currently have no better ideas for the 4th QMX spot. I definitely don't need it; I will most likely use it less than Nordland. I know this spot will get a frequent rotation on my pedalboard...
I'm already considering replacing it with a Tonebender MK3 style or the other. It's the only type of fuzz I actually like a little, and it sounds fab with HBs. Maybe old Boss HM-2? If you ignore the Swedish metal settings and use your ears, it actually sounds great, just like I always wanted the Big Muff to sound like, but never could with a real thing. Ironically, it's nothing like a BMP circuitwise. It's also very quiet, no buzz, or hum. What else could I axe - the RC10R maybe, but I really don't want to - I have so much fun looping and playing with a drum machine! Since my jam buddy hit the road, I have no one to play with, and this is a good enough substitute. So yeah, it's a notch bigger than a bare-bone essential board, and I could go smaller. I would, but there's always one item on the board that takes a little too much space. I think the size of my board is optimum, a happy medium.

Last edited:
I think the size of my board is optimum, a happy medium.
The 450 is a really nice size.

I went with the 750 size so the pedals would be on top of the board for the ease of using the controls in a session, but the tradeoff is that it eats up a lot of space and can be a bit unwieldy.

I have a volume pedal and a couple of smaller thingamabob pedals I'd like to use from time to time. so a second board to run in series with the 750 would be cool to have for such occasions, but they don't come up that often. Still, once you get used to a well-organized pedalboard like the Schmidt, you're spoiled by the ease of setup and access to the innards.

I've looked at the 450 and drooled a little. Even the 250 would work for my purpose.

The 450 is a really nice size.

I went with the 750 size so the pedals would be on top of the board for the ease of using the controls in a session, but the tradeoff is that it eats up a lot of space and can be a bit unwieldy.

I have a volume pedal and a couple of smaller thingamabob pedals I'd like to use from time to time. So a second board to run in series with the 750 would be cool to have for such occasions, but they don't come up that often. Still, once you get used to a well-organized pedalboard like the Schmidt, you're spoiled by the ease of setup and access to the innards.

I've looked at the 450 and drooled a little. Even the 250 would work for my purpose.
I would fill up the SA750 with ease, even with the exact count of pedals. I always wanted to try the Effectrode Leveling Amplifier; it would serve the same purpose as the Cali76, but it's three times the size. I have the first version of Soul-Bender, which my wife bought me for Christmas 17 years ago, which I don't use because I can't justify the space it's taking. Then I have a few Cornish pedals, it would be nice to use them for something, but they are the size of an aircraft carrier. My all-time favourite delay is the 90s reissue of EHX DMM: folded metal enclosure, a quarter of SA450 size. I can't use it; it's too big a space estate for a 350ms delay, no matter how sweet it is. I wouldn't mind more control over my loops with a Boss RC500; I wouldn't mind it at all... The list goes on

No bro, say it ain’t so.
It's complicated but not as traumatic as I initially thought. The Eventide guys are on it, trying to figure out what's happening. It shouldn't be the unit itself (unless the USB circuitry is faulty) but rather the H90 Control software or some issue with my computer. In the last two days, I tried everything, including a health check of my PC, changing USB cable, factory reset on H90, reinstallation of H90 Control software and multiple messages with Eventide customer support. The issue is being passed on to the developer's team.

It's complicated but not as traumatic as I initially thought. The Eventide guys are on it, trying to figure out what's happening. It shouldn't be the unit itself (unless the USB circuitry is faulty) but rather the H90 Control software or some issue with my computer. In the last two days, I tried everything, including a health check of my PC, changing USB cable, factory reset on H90, reinstallation of H90 Control software and multiple messages with Eventide customer support. The issue is being passed on to the developer's team.
Hopefully the pedal is still functional without the software??

I'm having issues with my computer losing contact with my UA Apollo. It's apparently not uncommon lately - maybe there are some software compatibility issues - but it's driving me bonkers! A restart solves it, but who wants to stop a creative session to dick around with that kind of thing?

Hopefully Everything Gets Sorted Out Quickly And Without Any More Frustration.

Hopefully the pedal is still functional without the software??

I'm having issues with my computer losing contact with my UA Apollo. It's apparently not uncommon lately - maybe there are some software compatibility issues - but it's driving me bonkers! A restart solves it, but who wants to stop a creative session to dick around with that kind of thing?
Hopefully Everything Gets Sorted Out Quickly And Without Any More Frustration.

Thanks, guys. It drives me crazy. Eventide staff thinks the other MIDI/USB device is trying to access the H90, which makes the issue. The problem is I don't use any DAW, and I have nothing else hooked up to MIDI or USB. I remember now that after I initially accessed my H90 via the H90 Control, I logged off and accessed the Morningstar Edit to sort out the Home Screen map. The thing is, the Morningstar Edit is no longer operational. It's website-based, not a software installation, so I don't know what else to do. The Windows Task Manager doesn't show any MIDI, USB devices, or software taking any percentage of the CPU. Seriously, I'm clueless.

The H90 Control works great on my son's PC; I could connect and back up my playlist before I did the factory reset to the unit, which helped absolutely nothing.

But yeah, H90 - other than that - works excellent; I did a few homebrew presents I like. I routed it to dual mode and hooked it as 4CM. It's funny, though. When I had the H9, I never clicked or twisted any knobs or switches. With H90, I started feeling easy programming the whole thing, including presets and system settings.

Thanks, guys. It drives me crazy. Eventide staff thinks the other MIDI/USB device is trying to access the H90, which makes the issue. The problem is I don't use any DAW, and I have nothing else hooked up to MIDI or USB. I remember now that after I initially accessed my H90 via the H90 Control, I logged off and accessed the Morningstar Edit to sort out the Home Screen map. The thing is, the Morningstar Edit is no longer operational. It's website-based, not a software installation, so I don't know what else to do. The Windows Task Manager doesn't show any MIDI, USB devices, or software taking any percentage of the CPU. Seriously, I'm clueless.

The H90 Control works great on my son's PC; I could connect and back up my playlist before I did the factory reset to the unit, which helped absolutely nothing.

But yeah, H90 - other than that - works excellent; I did a few homebrew presents I like. I routed it to dual mode and hooked it as 4CM. It's funny, though. When I had the H9, I never clicked or twisted any knobs or switches. With H90, I started feeling easy programming the whole thing, including presets and system settings.
Would You Say That Overall The H90 Is Easier To Deal With And Program Than The H9?

Back