New "Paul's Guitar" info.

ziggy-m

Hello to all.
My name is Chris just bought my first PRS this weekend.
I've always been a die-hard traditionalist using Fender and Gibson going on 43 years now but I felt like it was time for a change so I bought Pauls Guitar just to see how they feel and sound.
So far the experience was great until,
look ,
I just wanted some information about the guitar I just bought that's all.

So I picked up the phone and called the CS number listed on the Website. I was informed that I have to email my serial number in and then I can wait for a reply back.
I'm curious did I dial the wrong number you think ? Or is that just how they PRS does business?
I have to say I was slightly disappointed
at the least. And not sure as to whom I'm suppose to email. CS or sales or Tech. I just don't know.
Maybe Im just old fashion and out of touch with the modern ways of CS.

Anyway maybe this post will reach the powers to be and then a debate can begin or possibly even a help the customer hotline set up for idiots like myself who might have a question after the purchase Of one of these fine instruments. I would love to hear what other customers think about this.
I certainly hope that I'm not speaking out of place here by sharing my experience I was kind of wishing that someone from PRS might see this post and give it some serious thought. Thank you
Ziggy-m

I wouldn't take your experience personally. PRS makes a lot of guitars with different woods, pickups, etc. - it's hard for someone at CS to tell you what exactly your specific guitar is just based on the model name, they asked for your SN to look up your specific guitar. Then they can tell you the exact specs. PRS customer service is actually very good, but they are quite busy, because they take good care of us all. It just takes a little time sometimes.

If you have the sticker numbers that come on the side of the case, you can use the MODCAT - there’s a thread on it somewhere here, and it’ll tell you what the details of your instrument are.

Questions that don’t involve an actual service issue, where someone just wants the info on their guitar looked up are kind of secondary. PRS will help you out, but other stuff no doubt has priority.

I doubt you’ll get the debate you’re wishing for going here, no matter how hard you troll for one.

Hello to all.
My name is Chris just bought my first PRS this weekend.
I've always been a die-hard traditionalist using Fender and Gibson going on 43 years now but I felt like it was time for a change so I bought Pauls Guitar just to see how they feel and sound.
So far the experience was great until,
look ,
I just wanted some information about the guitar I just bought that's all.

So I picked up the phone and called the CS number listed on the Website. I was informed that I have to email my serial number in and then I can wait for a reply back.
I'm curious did I dial the wrong number you think ? Or is that just how they PRS does business?
I have to say I was slightly disappointed
at the least. And not sure as to whom I'm suppose to email. CS or sales or Tech. I just don't know.
Maybe Im just old fashion and out of touch with the modern ways of CS.

Anyway maybe this post will reach the powers to be and then a debate can begin or possibly even a help the customer hotline set up for idiots like myself who might have a question after the purchase Of one of these fine instruments. I would love to hear what other customers think about this.
I certainly hope that I'm not speaking out of place here by sharing my experience I was kind of wishing that someone from PRS might see this post and give it some serious thought. Thank you
Ziggy-m

I wouldn't be too hard on them. It may take time to get the info you need. It's far easier to respond to a request like this via email then having you wait on hold for 20 minutes, or however long it would take.

As for an easy way to do it, Les mentions the Modcat. That would be a sticker on the side of your case, and also under the bridge pickup. You enter that alphanumeric sequence into the decoder, and it will spit out what you have. Here is the link to the decoder.

http://www.toragraphics.com/modcat/

The Paul's guitar is a great model. You should be happy with your selection! Oh yeah, welcome to the Forum!

I’ve passed this info along, Paul will be calling you shortly.

I just got off the phone with him, he’s going to be busy looking up whether my guitar is supposed to have come with amber knobs or clear knobs.

It’s a good thing, too, because he already failed to respond to my email about whether my paisley case makes my butt look big.

I emailed them about my guitar a while ago - wanted to check the finish color - the response came in a day...

Seems like it would've been faster/easier to email them your serial number than it was to make an account on this forum and start a thread about it.

CS response is so fast that I have emailed from a shop asking for info on used PRS guitars. I have heard back within an hour sometimes. My sales guy LOVED it because I'd get the scoop, and if I ended up passing on the guitar(s) he'd be better informed to sell them. Why HE just didn't bother to email is beyond me - he saw it work SO many times, lol.....

Back