New or old - CE 24...

I'm going to sway from the popular vote here...
I can absolutely appreciate the carve detail of an older CE, but for me, the satin neck was the deciding factor.
It just felt right. Super easy to play, and my hand feels like it just glides effortlessly on the satin neck.

Like the OP mentioned; I also was not a fan of the bare maple color on the CE neck.
And then I saw the satin black neck version... Sold. I bought mine, the day I saw it.
Looked great, felt great, played great, and sounded great.

As mentioned in a previous post; the only shortfall for the new CE, is the Korean bridge.
I swapped mine for a Mann 2000NOS, and it made a dramatic improvement to the sound and sustain.
https://forums.prsguitars.com/threads/2000nos-upgrade-and-a-few-other-mods.28321/

e8H187H.jpg

I have to keep reminding myself that the SE trem was selected partly for the tone they were after on this model.

I would love an opportunity to play one of the new ones.

I think that satin neck looks great JimmyDee, thanks for sharing.

So question, what would the top wood be on a mahogany back but painted top CE? Is it still maple under there just not a AA/AAA flame top or is it solid mahogany? Just curious...

I'm looking for a flame top but if another option appeared at a good price I might still consider it.

I think they are all maple tops... even if the body is painted a solid color.

The satin black neck is a limited production. Only a few vendors offer them as Exclusive Runs.
99% of CE24's come with a bare maple neck.

Sweetwater is one of the few vendors that I know of, who has satin black neck.
I recall Dave's Guitar Shop had a run of them too, but it looks like they're all sold.

Basically, if you want a new one, you need to get it from Sweetwater.
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/CE24BLACKOUT--prs-ce-24-sweetwater-exclusive-satin-blackout

Here's a guy on Craigslist (Seattle) who is looking to trade his CE24... he might also consider selling it, if you contact him:
https://seattle.craigslist.org/kit/msg/d/trade-prs-ce-24-takamine/6566800095.html

Last edited:
Blackface-headstock CE24 on it's way, thanks for all the advice and pics to post upon arrival.

Does anyone know the pickup pole spacing on the HFS/Vintage pickups? 48, 50 or 52 mm? I think I'm going to order a set of nickel covers for the time being and maybe Zebra the setup later BUT we'll see how it all sounds first.

Blackface-headstock CE24 on it's way, thanks for all the advice and pics to post upon arrival.

Does anyone know the pickup pole spacing on the HFS/Vintage pickups? 48, 50 or 52 mm? I think I'm going to order a set of nickel covers for the time being and maybe Zebra the setup later BUT we'll see how it all sounds first.

49.2mm

Garrett, thanks for the quick reply. So what covers are you guys using then? Go for 50's and they're close enough?

Thanks!

Definitely like the black headstock and black satin neck on this look. I have one similar from 2018. Bought from someone local so I don't know all the information on the guitar but it sings for sure.

Back