New old stock 2 Channel 20

Clashcityrocker

Curve Denier
lX6s7eU.jpg
I got one of these mystery 2 channel 20s recently. It's an SE because on the back it says made in China. I wanted a 2 channel amp and this one cost less than some stompboxes. Shipped to me from Dave's Guitar shop in LaCrosse Wisconsin. I've been to the store once. More PRS guitars than any other store I've been to. I saw another thread about this amp so I learned a little more about it. The clean channel is great. Much like a Fender amp with the 6v6 tubes. I have to turn up the volume and master to about 1 o' clock to get the right sound that I like and it sounds great with singlecoils or a brighter pickup like my Starla or Nearfield McCarty. The lead channel is kind of muddy with too much gain. It's ok but maybe needs a preamp tube swap for a little less gain. Actually you can get that Neil Young overdriven deluxe sound out of this. Not what I was expecting but pretty cool. I won't be like most people and say for 20 watts it's really loud because as you should know by now 10 watts is half as loud as 100 watts. Mostly I've been playing with my cabinet in the other room in the basement so I can control the sound. It does take pedals well. My model of a Big Muff sounds HUGE! My Supro Drive pedal makes everything sound better. This amp has me wanting a Strat style prs because my parts strat sounds so good through it

Back