New "Old" ME1 day!

Twinfan

408 Sig Club President
Well, not that old - just not NOS! :laugh:

I wasn't planning on buying a guitar, but then this came up for sale and I'm weak. My PRS Signature Limited wasn't selling, so I traded it in today for another 2006 Brazilian Rosewood Modern Eagle - with a trem this time. I wasn't going to buy another ME unless my Holy Grail of one in Emerald Green appeared in the UK, but it appears that not a single example ever made it here. This one will have to do as a substitute ;)

May I introduce "Norma Jeane". Not a bad looker it has to be said...

20130207_143550_zps89fefdca.jpg

As a colour comparison, here she is with "Billie Jean" who I've owned from new. Quite a difference in colour!

20130207_143412_zps1d2acd5c.jpg

Thanks guys! I originally thought it was a case queen, but it turns out it's a well looked after player. Must be why it sounds so good! :cool:

For those interested, here are the backs and necks...

20130207_154530_zps83c01009.jpg

20130207_154608_zps795df9db.jpg

Cheers Markie - the fade's awesome isn't it? I love the way all ME1s have so much character in their tops/colours, much like old 'bursts...

Awesome Dave... just bloody awesome!!!! How does it compare sound wise and feel?

Don:

The new trem version is a bit rougher all over - neck feel and and body finish. I think the body's seen some attention to remove a few scratches but they've somehow managed to restore a matt finish. Nice work! It may have had a pickup swap at some point too, or maybe the electrics were removed for the finish work. Who knows, anyhow it's very cool.

Tone wise it's a little brighter, but very much in the ballpark of my stoptail (which is fairly bright anyway). Imagine a Tele on steroids and you'll get the idea. I just need to tweak the action now I've sorted the neck relief and trem float...

Les:

Thanks - it's a little gem. I may have to get an SCT now to complete the set...

Thanks folks! The new gal reminds me a lot of a McCarty Rosewood I used to own, which I think is down to the feel of the neck. That was one guitar I kinda wish I still had, but as a replacement this one smokes it :)

Thank you sir, I'm grateful I'm fortunate enough to have them. They all get played - I enjoy them!

Back