New nut

I recently purchased a graphite tusk nut to up grade nut on my PRS, SE Custom 24 Koa top. After removing stock nut i compared both with drop test and lightly sanded both to compare dust. They both sounded exactly the same , all fine dust seemed to be of same materials. Does anyone know what PRS uses for the stock nut on this model ?
Thank You

Probably similar material.
I"m not really up to speed on the SE models. Or any of the newer stuff since about 2013...
getting back up to speed.

I put an Earvana compensated nut in my Les Paul. They are pricey but I can say it made a worthwhile difference.

They're fine, I just prefer to keep it to PRS nut.
No need for earvana on PRS, they've already compensated for tuning issues.,

They're fine, I just prefer to keep it to PRS nut.
No need for earvana on PRS, they've already compensated for tuning issues.,

Understanding the desire to keep it all PRS, can you tell me what you mean by "they've already compensated for tuning issues"? I'm just interested in every detail. What more than intonation at the bridge, if anything, is there? Thanks. Jim

the earvana keeps the original scale length intact and offset's for intonation to sound more in tune

PRS adjusted the scale length and fret placement to some degree to achieve a similar outcome. (as per my understanding)

different approaches to the same problem, and they can be combined.
But I find the PRS nut is the best I've used with vibrato bridges to return to pitch.

the earvana keeps the original scale length intact and offset's for intonation to sound more in tune

PRS adjusted the scale length and fret placement to some degree to achieve a similar outcome.

different approaches to the same problem, and they can be combined.
But I find the PRS nut is the best I've used with vibrato bridges to return to pitch.
Thanks, Mike. Fascinating. So putting on a an Earvana or Ernie Ball compensated nut might actually throw in a negative curve?

Probably could compensate a the saddle end I'd imagine.,
It's essentially building in the 'offsets'.

Back