New Neal Schon record - "So U"

prsrocker1988

Just picked up Neal's new solo record.

I really dig it. Great playing on all of the tracks - highly recommended.

Neal's one of my top favorite guitarists and PRS endorsers. I'm not into shredding or fast stuff but he's one of the hard to find examples of someone who can make it sound melodic and not "lookatmelookatmelookatme" or like a hornets nest. His solos are singable and such smooth phrasing. Everything I've heard about him is that he's a nice guy to his fans too. Journey is one of my top favorite bands - love that stuff.

I see that the NS PRS guitars are kind of hard to find and the NS-15 is no longer on the site. While some don't like the idea of a Floyd on a semihollow jazz box I think it was a bit of a cool move and ruffles the feathers of purist. And I'm not a Floyd guy. If I got an NS guitar I'd have to remove the arm and block it as I'm heavy handed. But I don't think it looks all that bad, myself.

Totally agree...Hopefully you got a chance to meet him at the Experience last year (???) Pretty decent waiting line, but when it was my turn to talk to him, the first (only) thing that popped into my mind was that his solo phrasing matched each Journey song perfectly.

someone who can make it sound melodic and not "lookatmelookatmelookatme"

i love Neil's playing, always have...and even if his MUSIC playing isnt 'lookatmelookatmelookatme' his antics lately with that stupid pay per view lookatmelookatme wedding stunt certainly took him down a peg or two in my book..(at least HIM, not his playing)

i love Neil's playing, always have...and even if his MUSIC playing isnt 'lookatmelookatmelookatme' his antics lately with that stupid pay per view lookatmelookatme wedding stunt certainly took him down a peg or two in my book..(at least HIM, not his playing)

LOL...I always separate the man from the music....

I couldn't agree more. The whole "pay-per-view" wedding to that gold digging woman really tainted my view of him as a person.

Back