New MT15

ibanezfan1

Well I just received my new MT15 and have admit, I was a little skeptical. Playing in a Christian Rock Band, and most of the video's for this head, in drop tunings & super heavy chugging, I was very skeptical if this would fit well in my band. But after the first 30 min, very, very impressed. We'll see how it fits in the band environment on Thurs evening.

My main amp rig for the last 10+ years has been a Carvin Legacy halfstack, which I 1,000% love. But rolling in a 100 watt tube halfstack into some smaller church's sometimes scares people :eek::):) I did purchase a SPL attenuator to help with that. But I've actually had "lil old lady's" see that roll in and leave service....

So I was also worried about the volume issue, but if you know the Legacy, you are accustomed to volume. But actually, in my basement, it's not too bad - even on the 15 watt setting.

So I'm now on the journey to see about downsizing my live rig. The Legacy will not go anywhere, but I think this will be much more practical now.

A crappy pic (had the camera on the wrong setting) from my basement w/my two PRS's. Will see how the Gibsons & Fenders sound this evening. The Orange is my home rig.

Bodie

61680869_2756547614372446_1059546450280579072_n.jpg

Hey guys, thanks so much for your replies.

I have been way behind on keeping our site updated, but I'll try and post some links below.

We are currently finishing up our 3rd original songs CD (going back to the studio at the end of this month).

First six songs were all Legacy but I'll definitely be taking the PRS MT15!! Thanks!! - Bodie

Bloodwater: http://www.bloodwaterband.com/

Here's on of our shows from 2018

Show back in April 19:
Show back in March 19:
And because we love rig pics......

Me & our studio producer, Benjy:

56533805_2660833797277162_8552854344037302272_n.jpg

56790935_2658397694187439_8737704719935340544_n.jpg

My studio gear:

56349181_2658514390842436_1370762718306369536_n.jpg

Last edited:
We'll we had our 2nd practice last night with me using my new MT15. I'm really enjoying it, a lot!!! Now we are not the best musicians :) - but we do have fun playing with the band.

I wanted to post for you all to display the tones of the MT15. First song is "Mary Did You Know" (our version) and the second song is an original that will be on our third CD "Chosen". I apologize about the vocals being low...we use in-ear monitors and no room speakers are hooked up.

MT15 > pedal board (only DD3) on and wah (when 2nd solo) > Carvin 4x12 w/Celestian V30's). Moving down to an Orange OB 2x12 live. Volume ~2.5, Gain ~4.5. So far no issues at all with the head. No popping, no effects loop issues, etc. Truly a great investment. First live show this Sat (small event).

Have a great weekend everyone!!!! Bodie

PS - not sure why the video wont load, but you can click on the Facebook part and it will open a new window and play (I hope).

Been thinking about getting the MT15. Currently running a Marshall Jubilee mini. Did this give you some good tonal change from your Orange? I like the YouTube demo I saw with Tremonti showing the nice clean channel and then the lead channel crunchy sounds I heard. Hard to tell from a video though.

Been thinking about getting the MT15. Currently running a Marshall Jubilee mini. Did this give you some good tonal change from your Orange? I like the YouTube demo I saw with Tremonti showing the nice clean channel and then the lead channel crunchy sounds I heard. Hard to tell from a video though.

Gary - The Orange CR120 head is pretty different than the PRS MT15. It's scaled more for classic rock to stoner-type rock (sludgy rock). The PRS MT15 is much more modern sounding, but unlike some of the other lunchbox heads I've heard, very clear in the note definition. The Orange head & cab, I got on a trade for one of my Hamer's a few years ago and was my back-up rig.

I've done a couple of shows with it so far and I've been able to adapt it to our sound. My main head for the last 10+ years has been a Carvin Legacy head, so this has been quite a change. Also, at the same time, I'm moving from my standard 4x12 (Carvin w/Celestion V30's) to the Orange 2x12 w/Celestion V'30's (and open-back). Again, it's different.

So far pretty happy with this setup. Here's a pic from our last show last weekend. Best of luck in your next amp purchase - Bodie

67265541_2838317959528744_4181262984640724992_n.jpg

We'll after a few more shows, I've decided that the MT15 just isn't for me :(. It's a great metal amp for sure and and I can get close to what I'm wanting in our band, but in the middle of our last show, I just knew that it's not really the tone I want. So I plugged back into the Legacy head this weekend and that's where I'm at home. I can control the volume for any gig with my SPL attenuator - so gonna "go back home" ;).

I do think I'm gonna stay with my 2x12 rig right now as I'm pretty happy with that (vs. my 4x12 cab).

Thanks again to everyone for your input/comments. Bodie

Back