New model announced

But I need PRS to make the tele body shape a little different. That’s my only issue with the telecaster... it ain’t made for people who have boobies.

Right now the closest I can get to tele sounds are: my McCarty on the 53/10 bridge (in single coil-ish mode) and my other McCarty on 59/09 bridge (in humbucker mode). They do pretty good impressions.

Huh. And I always thought what teles lacked was a “tummy” cut. :confused:

DGT has been showing off his favorite Tele on social media lately. Perhaps he could collaborate with PRS to bring us the second of his "Signature" guitars, the DGT-II (?).

*ducks immediately to avoid the beer bottles launched at his head*

I wouldn't buy one of those... because I don't like Teles... unless it was a Butterscotch Blonde... THEN I would buy one.

Jesse @ Ish Guitars held an exclusive pre-order for that new JM signature, it apparently fooled a few. Clearly there's a market there.

I’ve never thought of Prince as country. He seemed to favor his yellowish tele. Please see his shaming of all the guitarists on stage doing “As My Guitar Gently Weeps” at the Kennedy Center honors concert.

I’ve never thought of Prince as country. He seemed to favor his yellowish tele. Please see his shaming of all the guitarists on stage doing “As My Guitar Gently Weeps” at the Kennedy Center honors concert.

His Hohner tele seemed more strat than tele though. It didn’t even sound like a regular tele (probably due to the strat pickups).

I tried to build one like it after seeing it at Prince’s house... but alas it didn’t work out. I’m convinced that the only ‘tele’ that sounds like that one is a Hohner of the same construction.

There's plenty of teles out there that aren't over the top twang. I built a rock machine tele last year. Sure i coax sweet tele twang out of the bridge but honestly it loves to rock more than boot scoot. Its absoluteky one of my favorite guitats that draws compliments for looks and sound as much if not more than my custom 24.

Now I’m down the rabbit hole of Harley Benton TE-80s I am an idiot.

Prince sounded like Prince. The guitar was incidental.

I find that twangy teles are great for many styles. That twang comes out as punch with a little drive.

But of course, everybody sounds like themselves in terms of how they play.

But the individual guitars, tone wise, can sound different even in his hands. That’s probably why he had alder strats with only two pickups, Clouds with EMGs, and maple/walnut tele’s with Kinmans, etc, and he used different guitar/amp combos for different songs.

I don’t have a problem with twangy teles. I’ve had one that sounded like a strat, another that sounded 100% country, and yet another that could switch between any genre. The tele is my favorite guitar. Except for the shape.

Back