New Member..

Ron Shalita

Just wanted to introduce myself to you all... I am from Social, been playing over 60 years and LOVE my Hollowbody ll play it everyday for at least 4 hours... just can't get enough.. thank you for the add..

Welcome! I haven't had 4 hours a day to play guitar since I outlasted my bout of insomnia...

Hi Gush you can do it too... I get down to my studio bout 4 AM and play really quietly .. I can't sleep anyway so why not.. my daughter gets up at about 8 AM sometimes a little earlier so actually some days it can't get that much time in, but then when she takes a nap I go back down there and hit it again.. I guess after all these years of playing and not really learning much i got a second breath on it..

Hi Gush you can do it too... I get down to my studio bout 4 AM and play really quietly .. I can't sleep anyway so why not.. my daughter gets up at about 8 AM sometimes a little earlier so actually some days it can't get that much time in, but then when she takes a nap I go back down there and hit it again.. I guess after all these years of playing and not really learning much i got a second breath on it..

I sleep downstairs north end she sleeps upstairs south end BECAUSE she has canine hearing. I keep telling my wife that I'm going to get her some hearing loss for xmas.

I just have too much going on and guitar practice always takes a back seat. When I have to learn something new it's hard to carve out time for it.

I've actually considered quitting my band. My son is demanding more of my time and I need to keep up or somebody else will. My band is boring me to death too.

I hear ya AND understand TOTALLY.. I quit for a few years for EXACTLY the same reasons then 10 years ago got back on the band wagon again... I noticed that If i tried learning songs it was difficult to stay focused, but rather just going to youtube and jamming with EVERYTHING and anything was much better ... still learning songs isn't my thing but i have to say it really is a lot easier now than it ever was.. hey I wish you luck in your struggles with your guitar... it will always be there for you...

I sleep downstairs north end she sleeps upstairs south end BECAUSE she has canine hearing. I keep telling my wife that I'm going to get her some hearing loss for xmas.

CabClone and headphones. Let's you play the tube amps and keeps it quiet.

My wife sleeps much lighter than I do. I've slept with a radio on since I was little - I was the kid with the radio tucked under the pillow. I'm not allowed to have it too loud, and I'm not allowed to turn on the metal station when I go to sleep. Needless to say, when she's been in the hospital or sleeping on the couch because of surgery, I sleep much better!

Cool, so all I have to do in order to play four hours a day is give up sleep? Eh, I'll sleep when I'm dead. I've been trying to get in at least half an hour or so after the family goes to bed.

For home playing, I've been using my Yamaha THR10 almost exclusively. Fantastic sounding amp. I play through headphones most of the time. Sounds far better than trying to run my tube amps at super low volume, and when I do get a chance crank it, the thing rocks like a much, much larger amp.

Back