Luke Gibson

New member: Pics Added

Hello, Newbie member! I've been playing guitar for 37 years and have never owned a PRS. That will end tomorrw with the purchase of an 09' DGT. I've known about PRS since an early 80's Guitar Player magazine interview and have collected PRS catalogs over the years, just never seemed interested enough to own one of his guitars until a few months ago when a friend handed me a new DGT. I was blown away, it was quite possibly the best guitar I ever played (I own several Vintage Gibson's) very woody and resonate, the neck pickup sounded fantastic thru my rig. I've been looking for one since that evening....

How consistant are the DGT's?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Welcome!

DGT´s are very consistant, even David Grissom uses one from the store where he is doing a clinic.

Welcome aboard - looking forward to the NGD post! The DGT is a great pick.

Welcome aboard - looking forward to the NGD post! The DGT is a great pick.

Will do... Really looking forward to getting it! I was Jonesing for a Goldtop but found a Tobacco Burst with a nice top for a good price!

Congrats! I just picked up my first PRS which is a DGT as well (2012 Goldtop). I have other high end guitars but this one tops them all. You will love it! From the research I've done PRS is well known for consistency.

Looking for to some NGD pics!

With a last name like "Gibson" this must've been a long, hard choice ;) here's looking to a happy happy NGD, with photos and a tone report! Congrats and welcome...

Welcome aboard from another newb; lot of friendly and helpful folks here.

Regarding PRS consistency level - that is one thing the brand is known for. There is a great youtube vid where Paul explains the importance of this in detail, I'll edit this post if I can find the link. He basically says that in the old days, you'd find specific guitars (Fender, Gibson, etc) that really sang. He went and figured out tone at the material level, then combined that knowledge with higher than average quality control.

These days, PRS really has QC dialed in to a high level. Consistency was very good in the early days (better than the avg Gibson, and way better than Fender at the time), but now it's backed by 30 years of production. While other companies cut cost over time, PRS is priced higher at every model level than other brands but delivers a superior product. But I'm preaching to the choir here.

Congratulations and welcome. After the bloom is off the rose, and you still love the DGT, you`ll understand the obsession some of us have. To me, they are simply better made, and happier played.

Thank you all, it was supposed to arrive today but looks like it will be tomorrow.... I guess I will have to wait another day!

Last edited:
Great choice! Can't wait for pics. They are very consistent, hope you enjoy! Welcome aboard Luke!

Update:
My guitar was delivered today, unfortunately it arrived 15 minuted before I had to leave for work. I just had enough time to make sure it was ok and tune it up. I will post a few pics tomorrow.... Cheers!

image.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG]

image_3.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG]

image_6.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG]

is it ok to have the other brand guitar in the pic?

Last edited:
Awesome DGT there Luke. I also played mostly Gibsons before I got my DGT. It took my ears a while to get accustomed to the DGT's tone but once there it was impossible to go back. It has been my number 1 humbucker guitar since.

Back