New Member? Welcome! Info about your new account inside

Hey guys,
Ive got a lot of questions regarding PRS as im looking to buy my first one within two weeks.
Hopefully you guys will be able to help out.

If there was a white sticker on the case that had the date of manufacture on it there will be a series of numbers and capital letters which are the code for everything you want to know. If the sticker is no longer there you can find a second copy behind your bridge pickup .... the next time you change strings pull that pickup and photograph the sticker for your records.

Under the "electric instruments" portion of the forum you will see a thread called "MODCAT Decoders" and you can enter in your guitar's numbers and letters and you will then have a printout of what you are looking for.

Hi, all!

I'm new to the forum, and new to PRS as well. I got a PRS over the weekend, and it's my 12th guitar.

I know some things about it, but I'm looking for more information, since I like to know as much as possible. Because what I know about it is limited, finding more info on the PRS website has been difficult. What I do know is this:

2014 Custom
24 Fret
Artist Pack
Fretboard is blond; heard it was "fired maple," but probably "figured maple"
Quilted maple top [don't know the color, as I'm partially color-blind]
PRS trem
59/09 pickups

Also, the neck is REALLY thin, so the struggles that I have with my relatively small fingers on my other guitars doesn't exist here. Imagine those Jimi Hendrix spider-leg fingers wrapping around the neck. That's what it feels like, and it's a rather unique sensation for me.

Don't know if I can post images yet [will try one for starters], or if I have to get past the 3-post or 10-post mark, but I'll try. Also, if this is the wrong place, then I'll repost in the right place later. Please consider this my introduction to the forum. Glad to be here.

01 by Dan S, on Flickr

Hello greetings from Chile i'm a happy owner of an SE singlecut and wish to scale to an S2 or something better :)

Greetings from Michigan in the USA! I have a Brent Mason signature PRS that I got for Christmas last year, it is hard for me to put it down to play my 1969 Custom SG. Good luck with your guitar hunting and I hope you are able to find a new PRS that plays like it was made for you!!!

Hello from Alabama! Thanks for having me!! Awaiting the arrival of my first PRS! It also happens to be my first guitar. I'm about to turn 50 and I finally have the time to dedicate to something I have always wanted to do the right way! Thanks again!

Welcome to the forum and thanks for signing up!

In an effort to prevent certain types of spammers, new users will be prevented from using Private Messaging and having custom signatures associated with your posts. After you've participated in the forum (10 posts), all normal functionality will be open to you, so quit lurking!

Thank you allowing me to join your site, l have been playing guitar since 1962, and still learning lol after l retired l used to go into our local school to help children into playing both ukulele and guitar for me its an amazing feeling to see the children learn to play and perform infant of the whole school

once more thank you
Allan

Hello everyone! I've been on a search for my first PRS Custom 24. I recently picked up a player's quality CU24. After an in depth setup and overall once-over, it's beyond amazing. Traded a 2010 Les Paul Traditional for it and I don't regret it one bit. I'm forever now a PRS guy. Thanks for the add, look forward to posting here!

Hello everyone! I've been on a search for my first PRS Custom 24. I recently picked up a player's quality CU24. After an in depth setup and overall once-over, it's beyond amazing. Traded a 2010 Les Paul Traditional for it and I don't regret it one bit. I'm forever now a PRS guy. Thanks for the add, look forward to posting here!

Congrats on your score, and welcome to the forum!

Just pulled the trigger on my first PRS! Excited to be part of the family :)

Glad to have you guys!

New PRS owner here, thanks for the add! Just bought a SE standard 245 from Sweetwater and I love it. I know it's on the bottom end of the PRS line, but it's still a killer guitar and outplays anything I've had previously. I'm hoping to learn more about PRS-specific topics from everyone here who is more experienced than myself.

Back