New Member? Welcome! Info about your new account inside

Welcome, Sean.

By all means, start a new thread in the general or electric instruments section and tell us what kind of music you play and what you're looking for.

We love spending other members' money!

Hi All, I'm new to the PRS forum although I've been a PRS owner since 1997. I've been looking everywhere for a Hollowbody Spruce with Birds and Piezo.

Welcome.

Good luck in your search. I have a HB spruce gold top with piezo, it's fantastic. I hope you find one!

Welcome.

Good luck in your search. I have a HB spruce gold top with piezo, it's fantastic. I hope you find one!

thanks! I have read in various places that the Spruce top PRS uses is too thick to actually resonate as well as an acoustic guitar. What has your experience been. How is the resonance of the HB Spruce unplugged?
Thanks

The top is definitely thicker than it would be on an acoustic, but it does vibrate.

The sides and back, not so much.

If you are looking for acoustic volume from a hollow body, you're going to be disappointed, though, no matter what brand. There are some that are loud for an electric, but I haven't run into any that can project enough to rival an acoustic.

My HB spruce is loud enough to practice without an amp, but it would quickly get lost to even normal conversation volume noise.

Welcome to the forum and thanks for signing up!

In an effort to prevent certain types of spammers, new users will be prevented from using Private Messaging and having custom signatures associated with your posts. After you've participated in the forum (10 posts), all normal functionality will be open to you, so quit lurking!
Hey hey hey. New 30th anny owner. Happy so far!

Hi guys,
I'm a not-yet-PRS-owner-but-soon-to be (or something like that) from Germany, currently on the hunt after what will probably be a 2016 Custom 24. I came to PRS after turning away from another brand (the one with the G) since their company policy is more than strange to me...

Hi guys,
I'm a not-yet-PRS-owner-but-soon-to be (or something like that) from Germany, currently on the hunt after what will probably be a 2016 Custom 24. I came to PRS after turning away from another brand (the one with the G) since their company policy is more than strange to me...

Hey man. Do it. Get on the team. When Paul makes claims like "addictive playable necks" it's no bs.

I have a high end American strat I've touched maybe twice since getting my 30th Ann chestnut custom24 SE (Sable)

Welcome!

Thanks! :)
When Paul makes claims like "addictive playable necks" it's no bs.
Also, the build quality seems to be stellar. All the dealers I spoke to claimed, they never had to touch a PRS's setup and the guys at the factory are perfectionists. Something you just don't get anywhere else, even on the most expensive models (one of which I compared to a couple Custom 24s at my dealer - it's nice but at a price point of more than two Custom 24s, nice is not enough).
So at least I feel as I'm on the path to salvation :D

Thank you for letting me join, It's been awhile since I've owned a PRS, my one and only was a early gold top CE22 that I regrettably sold for a Fender Stratocaster....so I'll expect to be kicked out of the forum now. I've joined PRS community hoping to piece together all the information I can about the early versions of the Tremonti Model and hopefully track one down for purchase. Oddly enough I have a tatoo of the original black stoptail model but have never been able to afford or find one in a condition I'm happy with. I hope that all changes soon so if any one has one of the 2001-2003 black, stop tail models in good condition and original pickups/hardware I'd be an interested buyer.

-Ben

Hi, just got a SE Standard 22 in translucent blue and am really impressed with the value and quality of this guitar. So impressed that I am now looking at a 30th Anniversary SE Custom 24 to get both SC and HB sounds in one great guitar

I just bought my first PRS today and am really psyched about it. I've been wanting one for quite a while now. It's an SE Standard 24. I'm not very experienced, but I'm also not an absolute beginner so I thought that would be a good one to start with. I will most definitely buy another in the future. But for now I just want to jump in and learn as much as I can.

Back